Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Modding mistake

Thanks
    Ok sorry, I have tried something new: I added again a new IWD file ( there is only weapons ) and it worked!!! (zzz_weapons.iwd)
    Then I added a new IWD for menus. There is: ui_mp, images and materials. And again this error... Might be the problem on images with the same file? (zzz_menus.iwd)

I tested it the weapons with images and materials -> worked (zzz_weapons.iwd) + (zzz_menus.iwd)
    I tested it the weapons with ui_mp -> worked (zzz_weapons.iwd) + (zzz_ menus.iwd)
    I tested it the weapons with images, materials, ui_mp -> didn't worked (zzz_weapons.iwd) + (zzz_menus.iwd) + (zzz_menus.iwd)
    I tested zzz_menus.iwd (images, materials, ui_mp) it didn't worked. It's 100% cause of the combination of materials, images (materials and images for the weapon images on the weapon menu) and ui_mp (the menus)
    The gamestate is not the problem.

zzz_menu.iwd (images,materials and ui_mp) works on local server (on my PC)
    Last edited by Loveboy; 10th December 2013 at 17:41.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 674 Posts
    Do you test with a dedi server?
    If not, try that (really, try that. It is SO much easier to debug using a dedi one than a client+server thingy)

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveboy View Post
    I tested it already with my hoster -> no error showed
    But what is the size of your gamestate? If it is more than 16k then you have a problem, but it wont give you any errors in the log files.

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Ok sorry, I have tried something new: I added again a new IWD file ( there is only weapons ) and it worked!!! (zzz_weapons.iwd)
    Then I added a new IWD for menus. There is: ui_mp, images and materials. And again this error... Might be the problem on images with the same file? (zzz_menus.iwd)

I tested it the weapons with images and materials -> worked (zzz_weapons.iwd) + (zzz_menus.iwd)
    I tested it the weapons with ui_mp -> worked (zzz_weapons.iwd) + (zzz_ menus.iwd)
    I tested it the weapons with images, materials, ui_mp -> didn't worked (zzz_weapons.iwd) + (zzz_menus.iwd) + (zzz_menus.iwd)
    I tested zzz_menus.iwd (images, materials, ui_mp) it didn't worked. It's 100% cause of the combination of materials, images (materials and images for the weapon images on the weapon menu) and ui_mp (the menus)
    The gamestate is not the problem.

zzz_menu.iwd (images,materials and ui_mp) works on local server (on my PC)
    Everything you have said in this post tells me it is for sure a gamestate problem. When you run some of your mod, you don't go over 16k of gamestate; However, when you run everything you go over the 16k of gamestate. You really need to tell us what gamestate you get when you run everything. You can find it in your console log file if you run developer_script set to 1. Just search for the word "gamestate" - it will say "sending X bytes of gamestate to client [yourname]. Then, google the amount of bytes you get and convert it to kilobytes. Post the result here.

NB: if your mod is 15.789 kilobytes of gamestate on a stock map, when you run a custom map, the gamestate will be significantly increased, because custom maps are always more gamestate than stock maps. And that gamestate is added to your mod's gamstate:

Example: when I run my mod on mp_carentan, it returns a gamestate of 15.679k; when I run it on mp_brunville, it returns a gamestate of 19.876k. I run COD2 1.3. If it had been 1.0 or 1.2, the game would have crashed with an exceeded gamestate error when running mp_brunville.
    Last edited by Tally; 10th December 2013 at 22:32.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tally For This Useful Post:

Loveboy (11th December 2013)

Thanks
    You are right Tally, thanks. But I deleted, deleted, deleted things (scripts) but it still don't work.

My console_mp.log said:

Code:
    SV_SendClientGameState() for ^1^2^3^7Loveboy
    how I can fix it?

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    You are right Tally, thanks. But I deleted, deleted, deleted things (scripts) but it still don't work.

My console_mp.log said:

Code:
    how I can fix it?
    What do you mean "fix it"? It is suppose to say that. After that, it sends the client a packet of gamestate. Example:

Code:
    Tally : dropped gamestate, resending SV_SendClientGameState() for Tally
    Going from CS_CONNECTED to CS_PRIMED for Tally
    Sending 19349 bytes in gamestate to client: 0

Thanks
    Aha, but that's not too much:

Code:
    ^2^3^7Loveboy : dropped gamestate, resending
    Going from CS_CONNECTED to CS_PRIMED for ^1^2^3^7Loveboy
    Sending 9471 bytes in gamestate to client: 0
    And still Call of Duty 2 close.

And on kilobytes it would be: 9.24902
    Last edited by Loveboy; 11th December 2013 at 15:16.

Thanks
    DOUBLEPOST: There is not 1000000000% too much stuffs, there is atm on my mod (what i want to update) less then my current mod on modern weapons cod2.

Thanks
    Why then you don't try to kind of debug your whole mod?!
    remove unneccessary stuff like sounds, loc-strings at first and add them step for step until the error occurs.
    3 pages in here right now, and the only thing you said something usefull was on the last post...
    I still wonder why those guys, who are trying to help you, didnt already freaked out..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 674 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by serthy View Post
    Why then you don't try to kind of debug your whole mod?!
    remove unneccessary stuff like sounds, loc-strings at first and add them step for step until the error occurs.
    3 pages in here right now, and the only thing you said something usefull was on the last post...
    I still wonder why those guys, who are trying to help you, didnt already freaked out..
    I did, after page 1
    Then I took my pills
    Freaked out after page 2 again though.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to IzNoGoD For This Useful Post:

Sense (11th December 2013)