Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maya 8.5 file in Maya 6.0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Brigadier General
    Thanks

Maya 8.5 file in Maya 6.0

Hi i want to import weapons from newer COD into COD2. I use Lime for Tom Crowley. But it convert the models to Maya 8.5 file. Is there a way to import it in Maya 6.0? I already set the version in the Maya ASCII file to 6.0. I get these errors when I import it into Maya 6.0

Code:
    // Error: file: C:/Users/Niels/Desktop/COD/lime/exported/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view_LOD_0.ma line 65: The lightLinker 't6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view_LOD_0:lightLinker1' has no '.slnk' attribute. //
    // Error: file: C:/Users/Niels/Desktop/COD/lime/exported/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view_LOD_0.ma line 65: No object matches name: .slnk //
    // Error: file: C:/Users/Niels/Desktop/COD/lime/exported/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view_LOD_0.ma line 70: The renderLayer 't6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view_LOD_0:defaultRenderLayer' has no '.g' attribute. //
    // Error: file: C:/Users/Niels/Desktop/COD/lime/exported/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view_LOD_0.ma line 70: No object matches name: .g //
    // Error: file: C:/Users/Niels/Desktop/COD/lime/exported/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view_LOD_0.ma line 100: The lightLinker 'lightLinker1' has no 'slnk[0].sllk' attribute. //
    // Error: file: C:/Users/Niels/Desktop/COD/lime/exported/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view_LOD_0.ma line 100: The destination attribute 'lightLinker1.slnk[0].sllk' cannot be found. //
    // Error: file: C:/Users/Niels/Desktop/COD/lime/exported/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view_LOD_0.ma line 101: The lightLinker 'lightLinker1' has no 'slnk[0].solk' attribute. //
    // Error: file: C:/Users/Niels/Desktop/COD/lime/exported/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view_LOD_0.ma line 101: The destination attribute 'lightLinker1.slnk[0].solk' cannot be found. //
    // Error: file: C:/Users/Niels/Desktop/COD/lime/exported/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view_LOD_0.ma line 102: The lightLinker 'lightLinker1' has no 'slnk[1].sllk' attribute. //
    // Error: file: C:/Users/Niels/Desktop/COD/lime/exported/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view_LOD_0.ma line 102: The destination attribute 'lightLinker1.slnk[1].sllk' cannot be found. //
    // Error: file: C:/Users/Niels/Desktop/COD/lime/exported/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view_LOD_0.ma line 103: The lightLinker 'lightLinker1' has no 'slnk[1].solk' attribute. //
    // Error: file: C:/Users/Niels/Desktop/COD/lime/exported/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view_LOD_0.ma line 103: The destination attribute 'lightLinker1.slnk[1].solk' cannot be found. //
    How to fix it and get it properly working in Maya 6.0? Or can I open it in Maya 8.5 and then save it as a Maya 6.0 file?

Thanks
    Save your file as *.ma open it in a text editor and replace the version from 8.5 to 6.0.
    This works for models, but i guess it will fck up all the meshweights and/or the skeletton.

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    I already set the version in the Maya ASCII file to 6.0.
    . I already did that.

... connecting
    Thanks
    I will check If I can make it work for Maya 6.0 by default for you.

If I can, it will included in the Ghost support update.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom For This Useful Post:

Ni3ls (27th November 2013)

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    That would be very cool. I already got all the weaponmodels+images from another website for now.

... connecting
    Thanks
    Is there anywhere I can get Maya 6, I use to have but lost it ?

Also just a question, why do you not use the xmodel_export files from Lime unless there is a reason you need to place it in maya ?

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Is there anywhere I can get Maya 6, I use to have but lost it ?

Also just a question, why do you not use the xmodel_export files from Lime unless there is a reason you need to place it in maya ?
    Sorry, but the rules of the forum prohibit us from giving you links to pirated copyright material.

... connecting
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tally View Post
    Sorry, but the rules of the forum prohibit us from giving you links to pirated copyright material.
    I never asked for pirated copyright material.

Quote Originally Posted by Ni3ls View Post
    Those xmodel_export files differs when you export to COD2 with Maya. Too many bones when I tried it with Asset Manager
    Is cod2 bone limit below 127 ?

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    I never asked for pirated copyright material.

Is cod2 bone limit below 127 ?
    of course you asked for links to pirated software. You did that when you asked if there was anywhere you could get Maya 6. DOH!

... connecting
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tally View Post
    of course you asked for links to pirated software. You did that when you asked if there was anywhere you could get Maya 6. DOH!
    No I asked "there anywhere I can get Maya 6" I never stated I wanted a illegal version, you just assumed. DOH!