Thread: Call of Duty 2 Compass Script

Thanks

Call of Duty 2 Compass Script

Hello Guys!
    Somebody maybe know where I can find all the Compass stuffs?
    I only know that the shaders are:

compassface
    compassback
    compasshighlight

I was looking for the words on much scripts, there I should find much about Compass, but I have found nothing.

Would be nice if you say me in which scripts I can find stuffs about the Compass.

Thanks!

Thanks
    I think you are looking for hud.menu in ui_mp folder.
    "Don't worry if your code doesn't work correctly - if everything worked, you would not work" ~Mosher's right

Thanks
    I saw that already, but I want to find out of the script, how it will show Enemy's points on the compass (without shoting, just per script show without a break)

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveboy View Post
    I saw that already, but I want to find out of the script, how it will show Enemy's points on the compass (without shoting, just per script show without a break)
    The compass enemies firing - otherwise known as the "red ping dots" - is engine driven in COD2. There is no way to turn it off, other than to get the IWI file that shows the red dots, and turn it into a blank shader. Then when the enemy fires, there is only a transparent shader shown, and not the red dots.

The above method is the method bulletWorm worked out for dispensing with the "red ping dots" in his PowerServer mod for COD2, circa 2006.

FYI - in COD4 you can intercept the "red ping dots" with a dvar to turn them on or off. This is because in COD4 the "red ping dots" was moved to an ItemDef{} in the hud.menu, and as COD4 has the ability to make different arguments for an ownerDraw bitmask to show with its menu when() argument - something I would love COD2 to have but sadly is lacking - you can create a dvar and only show the itemDef if it is satisfied with the dvar being true.
    Last edited by Tally; 26th September 2013 at 23:36.

Thanks
    you can 'fake' the compass overlay with a simple image without any ownerdraw and show/hide this menu witrh the original compass by a dvar
    i dont know if this will work, but it would be my first try to show/hide the enemy red dots

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by serthy View Post
    you can 'fake' the compass overlay with a simple image without any ownerdraw and show/hide this menu witrh the original compass by a dvar
    i dont know if this will work, but it would be my first try to show/hide the enemy red dots
    Its not a menu item in COD2. That was the point I was making above.

Thanks
    It's 100% possible to create an UAV in CoD2. IzNoGoD has created it and I saw it on his server.
    RobsoN gave me an idea, i will look for a Zombie Gametype, there was 100% Hunters to see in the Compass.

I will try to do an UAV, but I will not create it 100%. I will try it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 674 Posts
    I set the red dots to point to an empty shader (as per Tally's suggestion, dunno if he suggested it at the time though), and replaced it all with the objectives. As there are only 16 objectives (team-based) possible, this is problematic (max 16 players, no DM support), and thus I used hud elements to fill their space a bit, but they tend to lagg a bit as they only update at 20 fps and have lagg because their position is calculated on the server, not on the client.