Thread: CoD4 - basics

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Private
    Thanks
    1. Finally, I found console_mp.log. It was in "/root/.callofduty4/mods/nl_zom". To repair it I had to set homepath.

Code:
    +set fs_homepath "/home/cod4/server"
    3. After setting "set sv_allowDownload 0", all files will be downloaded from site and there won't be posibility to download gsc files?

4. Do You think it will be good?

- check BulletTrace on damage
    - possibly return if player is behind the wall

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BlancO For This Useful Post:

kung foo man (22nd September 2013)

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BlancO View Post
    1. Finally, I found console_mp.log. It was in "/root/.callofduty4/mods/nl_zom". To repair it I had to set homepath.

Code:
    +set fs_homepath "/home/cod4/server"
    3. After setting "set sv_allowDownload 0", all files will be downloaded from site and there won't be posibility to download gsc files?

4. Do You think it will be good?

- check BulletTrace on damage
    - possibly return if player is behind the wall
    1. I'm not sure of your problem, but I get the impression you are trying to run a server from the COD4 "main" folder (hence why you weren't looking in your mod folder). Mods WILL NOT RUN in the "main" folder. IW have restricted all mods to only work in mod folders (i.e fs_game folders). So, you cannot mod a ranked game in any way. The game will simply ignore any mod files you put in the "main" folder, as if they weren't even there; they will be invisible to a ranked game.

If I have misunderstood you on this, then I apologise.

3. You can stop GSC files downloading in 2 ways:

1. put them in a raw folder on your server. They wont download to anyone as raw folders don't download to clients;
    2. Put them in an IWD file, with "_svr_" in the IWD file name. Just like in COD 1 1.5 and COD UO. IWDs with "_svr_" in their name don't download to clients.

4. You cannot stop Deep Impact with any kind of physics trace (bullteTrace or otherwise) to return on if found because it is hard coded. Where would you put the code? What file? There isn't one!

The only way of restricting perks from a player's saved class data is by intercepting them on the class loadout ( maps\mp\gametypes\_class::giveloadout() ). There is a function there to set any perks on the player. Simply intercept Deep Impact at that function and unsetPerk() on the player if Deep Impact is found. You wont be able to take it out of their saved class data, but it will stop them being able to use Deep Impact during a game.
    Last edited by Tally; 22nd September 2013 at 21:02.

Private
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tally View Post
    3. You can stop GSC files downloading in 2 ways:

1. put them in a raw folder on your server. They wont download to anyone as raw folders don't download to clients;
    2. Put them in an IWD file, with "_svr_" in the IWD file name. Just like in COD 1 1.5 and COD UO. IWDs with "_svr_" in their name don't download to clients.
    Maybe I am wrong on this, but I think the q3dirtrav was not fixed by IW in CoD4. So it's basically possible to download any file from the main folder of the server and from the fs_game folder as well, including gscs. Also, at least in CoD2 you can, as a client, simply hex-edit your multiplayer .exe and change the part with '_svr_' to for example '_sxr_' and the client downloads that .iwd automatically.

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterlankton View Post
    Maybe I am wrong on this, but I think the q3dirtrav was not fixed by IW in CoD4. So it's basically possible to download any file from the main folder of the server and from the fs_game folder as well, including gscs. Also, at least in CoD2 you can, as a client, simply hex-edit your multiplayer .exe and change the part with '_svr_' to for example '_sxr_' and the client downloads that .iwd automatically.
    Yeah, but you are talking about hacking. I am talking about normal users who don't hack. With a hack, you can do anything - break into secure sites, steal money, steal a persons whole identity, the lot. I am talking about ordinary law-abiding citizens who don't resort to hacking. So, excuse me for not talking about the exceptions to the rule. I just talk about normal functions of cod games, and with normal functions, raw folders don't download, and neither do IWD files with _svr_ in their name.