Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Masterserver is again offline

Thanks
    I wrote again to Activision and I am waiting for answers.

Code:
    Hello Activision!
    On this week was the Masterserver of Call of Duty 2 offline. Sometimes the Masterserver was for hours offline, sometimes for days. The Masterserver is currently offline and we are waiting for Masterserver. We all want that the Masterserver get online and it shouldn't get offline again. I hope you can fix the issues.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Loveboy For This Useful Post:

kung foo man (26th December 2013)

Thanks
    At least a guy from ZK asked them and the answer was that the server wont come back...

Thanks
    R.I.P Call of Duty 2

Thanks
    http://de.xfire.com/communities/zomk...989/?offset=11

Seems the only way (if the masterservers stay down) is to kindly spam them with masterserver requests... I'll start this right now

Thanks
    What the .. ? How is it possible? -_-
    "Don't worry if your code doesn't work correctly - if everything worked, you would not work" ~Mosher's right

Thanks
    Thanked 1,084 Times in 753 Posts
    The servers are no longer active and was removed when the players went below the required amount who are playing the game.
    Well, Call of Duty 1 got way less players and is still online. ^^
    timescale 0.01

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 674 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by serthy View Post
    http://de.xfire.com/communities/zomk...989/?offset=11

Seems the only way (if the masterservers stay down) is to kindly spam them with masterserver requests... I'll start this right now

Seems like those customer support guys got their head up their arses and are talking about IW-hosted cod2 servers, not the masterserver.

They probably dont even know such a server exists...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to IzNoGoD For This Useful Post:

RobsoN (27th December 2013)

Thanks
    We all paid for this game to play it, but it seems that Activision don't really care that Masterserver is offline. If one of the new game the Servers were offline, then they would fix it instantly. It doesn't help to spam them, we need to all write that they should fix it instantly! So not spam, just we all (over 100 guys) write to them.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chat
    Code:
    Mark C: Activision Support reporting for duty!
    You: Good morning
    Mark C: Hi! Good morning to you! Thank you for contacting Activision Customer Support. My name is Mark. How may I help you today?
    You: Actually I don't have problems with Ghosts, more with CoD2, but i wasnt able to find the matching site to get any help on this.
    You: IIts about the online masterserver, which seems to be down more often and this time it stays down right now as well
    You: Is there any information for the thousands of actively playing CoD2 usere
    You: *users
    Mark C: I understand. Not to worry, let me help you with your concern. Can I place you on hold for three to five minutes? I will be checking first for my resources for me to properly inform you and address your concern. Would that be okay?
    You: That sounds okay to me, thank you
    Mark C: You're most welcome. Please hold.
    Mark C: Thank you for patiently waiting.
    Mark C: Just to check, may I know your gaming console and your gamer ID?
    You: Hardware: PC/Windows Alias: Serthy
    Mark C: Thank you very much for that information. May I know if you have already updated your CoD2 game patches from Punkbuster?
    You: Im running the latest CoD2 PB updates until the time CoD2's PB was supported. The point is, without continious running and online masterservers there is no GUID on the servers, the ingame serverlist wont show up and many other sideeffects occour, so in conclusion playing CoD2 online becomes almost impossible
    Mark C: I understand you. I'm a gamer myself and I know how you feel right now. Not to worry, I will provide you and update and inform you more with your issue with the master server. Would that be okay?
    You: I really would appreciate that, in which way we can stay in contact?
    Mark C: Okay. Actually, we've notified the proper teams to this issue and are currently working to remedy the situation as soon as possible. As an avid gamer myself, I understand that this is a frustrating time for players in the community. At this time, no updates have been received on the status, and we thank you for your continued patience as we work on this matter. Not to worry, we're working hard in investigating upon this matter and we will provide you notifications through e-mail once we have the updates for the master server. All developments will be announced as soon as we get the word.
    You: Okay, this sounds good to me. Do you already got my mail-adress? If its not the case, you can contact me under serthy@ymail.com I am looking forward to read some good news 
    Mark C: Yes. Not to worry, you will receive notifications from the e-mail that you're currently using for your Activision and your current e-mail address. I'm also looking forward to that and I hope that there will be positive news for the server updates.
    Mark C: Not to worry, you may contact us back if you have more concerns with Activision and other Call of Duty titles and we'd be glad to help you out.
    You: Thank you for your help, i really apprecciated it. One last thing: is there an official support-mail from activision? And also, since this is not the first time there were troubles with the masterserver, is there a way to have a direct supporter who can be informed/asked about this problematic to improve the troubleshoot?
    Mark C: You're most welcome and I'm glad to be of help to you. Since CoD2 was developed by Infinity Ward, you may directly contact them through e-mail by reaching them out at info@infinityward.com. You can also reach us by contacting our support site and from here, we utilize e-mail support. You can also reach us at support@activision.com.
    You: Alright, I will have a use of them. Again many thanks to you and have a nice day!
    Well, its too late for me right now to mess with this kind of things..

12. The Following User Says Thank You to serthy For This Useful Post:

kung foo man (27th December 2013)

Thanks
    It's back today.
    Last edited by thOuMta; 27th December 2013 at 08:47.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to thOuMta For This Useful Post:

Loveboy (27th December 2013)