Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CoD2 Masterserver

Thanks

Exclamation CoD2 Masterserver

Hello guys,
    since the cod2 masterserver is down (since friday?) we need to think about an different way.
    I just checked the activision support site and CoD2 isn't under the supported games anymore. Just some months ago u could find cod2 under supported games.

Did anyone allready contacted activision? did they replied?
    What if the masterserver won't come back?

They still sell the game, well ye they could say they sell the singelplayer but not the multiplayer.
    I don't think that there is an way to get an own masterserver running, also u would need to rewrite the client for that.

Any ideas what to do?

Also its damn annoying because down masterserver makes it for hackers possible to play on all servers. Guid 0 = 0 chance to ban (u would just ban ALL players)

Earliboy.
    No ... No ... this is not possible .......

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Earliboy For This Useful Post:

halojango78 (22nd June 2013),kung foo man (19th June 2013),thOuMta (19th June 2013)

Thanks
    I was contacting with Activision Support on their facebook. A lot of ppl did it also. Just check posts there:

https://www.facebook.com/ActivisionA...ocation=stream

I hope they will really put it back online...
    Last edited by RobsoN; 19th June 2013 at 13:21.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RobsoN For This Useful Post:

kung foo man (19th June 2013)

Thanks
    I called them and that guy told me he gonna ask arround whats going on, he will send me an mail if he knows about.

I asked on theyre facebook page (fast respond ):
    Hi Activision,
    since nobody responses on my E-Mail:
    Why the hell you put the masterservers of Call of Duty 2 offline?
    Its offline since friday (or earlier)!
    We dind't became any notice (okay well, where should we get one?).
    Its not possible to play, to play without hackers (All got GUID = 0 because the masterserver doesnt respond).

Would it be possible to get an answer over here? Does the masterserver will come back? If not, what is our way to still play NORMAL cod2 multiplayer? Ye, we could 'update' to a newer CoD but i allready play all of them and cod2 is just the most awesome (because of the modding community).

Please respond and stop ignore! We are still playing and want the masterservers back.
    Theyre answer:
    Hi Tim, what email did you send your question to?
    The connection issue you're describing is currently being looked into, but we don't have a date at which we'll have a resolution. As soon as we have more info, we'll update accordingly, thanks! ^LM
    No ... No ... this is not possible .......

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Earliboy For This Useful Post:

RobsoN (19th June 2013)

Thanks
    They always say bullshit in this answers.
    Last edited by RobsoN; 19th June 2013 at 15:31.

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Earliboy View Post
    Hello guys,
    since the cod2 masterserver is down (since friday?) we need to think about an different way.
    I just checked the activision support site and CoD2 isn't under the supported games anymore. Just some months ago u could find cod2 under supported games.

Did anyone allready contacted activision? did they replied?
    What if the masterserver won't come back?

They still sell the game, well ye they could say they sell the singelplayer but not the multiplayer.
    I don't think that there is an way to get an own masterserver running, also u would need to rewrite the client for that.

Any ideas what to do?

Also its damn annoying because down masterserver makes it for hackers possible to play on all servers. Guid 0 = 0 chance to ban (u would just ban ALL players)

Earliboy.
    I wouldn't put too much stock in the fact COD2 isn't on AVTI's list of supported games. COD1 and UO are also not on their "supported games" list. But the Master Servers for those 2 games is still running. A week for a Master Server to be down is unusual, but I am personally not panicking until it gets to a couple of weeks or so. After that amount of time, if the Master Server is not up, there will clearly be a need to be alarmed, at which stage we should contact AVTI. I still have a couple of personal contacts at AVTI that I can approach as and when I need to.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tally For This Useful Post:

kung foo man (19th June 2013),RobsoN (19th June 2013),thOuMta (19th June 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,084 Times in 753 Posts
    Potential solutions:

1) Somebody will analyze the servercache.dat file format and I will generate those for each version with the servers in my tracker database. People can download those and put them in their CoD2-directory and can press "Quick Refresh" then. They wont see new servers, but they could always download the newest servercache.dat-file (somebody could write an executable for that).

Everybody still has Guid 0 but would be able to play at least.

2) Somebody will analyze the masterserver-protocol and will implement it. I could host the implementation then on this website-server, domain cod2masterserver.killtube.org

The problem would be, that every server-owner would need to redirect the original masterserver-domain to my domain (possible by hosts-file or server-patch). The mass-hosting-sites maybe won't do it, but at least the admins in our modding athmosphere.

Depending on the masterserver-protocol, the clients might need to have an .exe-patch or hosts-file redirection also for playing with their original Guid. At least they will need the new masterserver in config when they want to "Refresh Servers".

(Mitch said on Xfire he will look into the masterserver-protocol.)
    timescale 0.01

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kung foo man For This Useful Post:

halojango78 (22nd June 2013),Jared (19th June 2013),NemanjA (20th June 2013),Ni3ls (19th June 2013),RobsoN (19th June 2013),thOuMta (19th June 2013)

Thanks
    New info:

''A reminder that we are currently aware of a multiplayer outage that is affecting some older Call of Duty titles and Theater mode for MW3. Unfortunately our data center is currently being affected by the extreme weather hitting the east coast. We’re working to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Current updates are being posted to our social media sites (Twitter and Facebook) and our website as we have them. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.''

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RobsoN For This Useful Post:

Earliboy (20th June 2013),EvoloZz (20th June 2013),halojango78 (22nd June 2013),kung foo man (20th June 2013),NemanjA (20th June 2013),Ni3ls (20th June 2013),Tyro (23rd June 2013)

Thanks
    Thanks Tally for your encouragement and thanks for the info Robson

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RobsoN View Post
    New info:

''A reminder that we are currently aware of a multiplayer outage that is affecting some older Call of Duty titles and Theater mode for MW3. Unfortunately our data center is currently being affected by the extreme weather hitting the east coast. We’re working to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Current updates are being posted to our social media sites (Twitter and Facebook) and our website as we have them. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.''
    That's old news. Dated 30th October 2012.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tally For This Useful Post:

kung foo man (20th June 2013),thOuMta (20th June 2013)

Thanks
    Some guy from xfire send me an website with this post. I thought it was up to date. Well if not, I'm so sorry.