Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RCON/FTP Help

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ni3ls View Post
    They also work on COD2 1.0 I use them on my gameservers
    "They"? Who is "they"? Do you mean the buffer overrun exploit works on 1.0? Yes, I know it does. I never said it didn't.

If, however, you mean Aluigi's patch, it does not work on 1.0. Even he says it doesn't:

Quote Originally Posted by Aluigi
    The patch is available only for the latest releases of both Windows and Linux
    of the game Call of Duty 2 (1.3), older versions will be NOT supported by me so
    don't ask

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tally View Post
    No, you are confusing va() with var. Over running the string buffer block va() is a well known Quake 3 exploit. There is a patch from Aluigi but it is only for COD2 1.3. There is no known fix for version 1.0 and 1.2. The only thing with those versions is to disable map vote.
    Youre wrong
    Kung just made one for 1.2
    Its just released since years, i got it running and it works perfect (windows&linux).
    No ... No ... this is not possible .......

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    "They"? Who is "they"? Do you mean the buffer overrun exploit works on 1.0? Yes, I know it does. I never said it didn't.

If, however, you mean Aluigi's patch, it does not work on 1.0. Even he says it doesn't:
    With they I mean the patches. It's not supported by him, but they work

Thanks
    It's on v1.2, and we would like to stay on 1.2, so we won't be patching it.

You said something about turning off "Map Voting". I believe we do have this off. We always have the vote option (where you can kick players, restart map, change map/Gamtype, etc.) turned off, because all too often it gets abused and never is used for its actual purpose. Perhaps I have voting off, but not map voting. This is what I have in my config:

// Allow Voting
    // It is recommended if you have friendly fire on
    // that you also enable voting so that players can kick team-killers.
    set scr_allow_vote "0"
    set g_allowvote "0"
    set logfile "2"
    set g_log "games_mp.log"
    set g_logsync "0"
    set sv_log_damage "0"

Is that what it needs to be set at, or is there a different command I need to put in the config to disable map voting?

P.S. Thank You to everyone who is helping me out. I've never had the quality of help in such a quick amount of time anywhere except on this website. You guys are truly the best, I can't tell you enough how thankful I am for your help :]
    -Halo, Leader of For The Soldiers clan
    *FTS|Halo|Ldr
    "The winner ain't the one with the fastest car, it's the one who refuses to lose"

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ni3ls View Post
    With they I mean the patches. It's not supported by him, but they work
    Ok, I was under the impression it only worked for 1.3. Good to know it works for other versions as well.

BTW - why did none of you point this out to halojango78 already? Why wait for a small correction addressed to me to bring the subject up?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,084 Times in 753 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by halojango78 View Post
    Yea, it is not a version update, it is just patching the bug in the normal 1.2 executable.

http://killtube.org/showthread.php?9...8%29-Bug-Patch

There is no configuration, which prevents the bug, because the flawed function is too lowlevel (well, it may fix other possible crashes, but at least one way to crash will be still possible).

Ok, I was under the impression it only worked for 1.3. Good to know it works for other versions as well.

BTW - why did none of you point this out to halojango78 already? Why wait for a small correction addressed to me to bring the subject up?

I've posted the link to the patch on the 4th reply and you even replied to that thread.
    timescale 0.01

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kung foo man View Post
    Yea, it is not a version update, it is just patching the bug in the normal 1.2 executable.

http://killtube.org/showthread.php?9...8%29-Bug-Patch

There is no configuration, which prevents the bug, because the flawed function is too lowlevel (well, it may fix other possible crashes, but at least one way to crash will be still possible).

I've posted the link to the patch on the 4th reply and you even replied to that thread.
    EDIT - Ok, I see what you mean. My bad. My brain must have been on holiday today.
    Last edited by Tally; 6th June 2013 at 16:55.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by halojango78 View Post

You said something about turning off "Map Voting". I believe we do have this off. We always have the vote option (where you can kick players, restart map, change map/Gamtype, etc.) turned off, because all too often it gets abused and never is used for its actual purpose. Perhaps I have voting off, but not map voting. This is what I have in my config:

// Allow Voting
    // It is recommended if you have friendly fire on
    // that you also enable voting so that players can kick team-killers.
    set scr_allow_vote "0"
    set g_allowvote "0"
    set logfile "2"
    set g_log "games_mp.log"
    set g_logsync "0"
    set sv_log_damage "0"

Is that what it needs to be set at, or is there a different command I need to put in the config to disable map voting?

P.S. Thank You to everyone who is helping me out. I've never had the quality of help in such a quick amount of time anywhere except on this website. You guys are truly the best, I can't tell you enough how thankful I am for your help :]

So is it a command to turn off map voting?
    *FTS|Halo|Ldr
    "The winner ain't the one with the fastest car, it's the one who refuses to lose"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,084 Times in 753 Posts
    Yea, g_allowvote 0 will disable map votes, but that won't fix the crash.

Did you wrote the support of your hosting company already?
    It should be easy for them to exchange the binary.
    timescale 0.01

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kung foo man For This Useful Post:

halojango78 (6th June 2013)

Thanks
    Thanks for your help everyone. It seems the person who dropped our servers has stopped, I think I successfully banned him (thanks to whoever told me to write the GUID in ban.txt, that helps me out in many ways). I'll talk to Leadership about Kung's CoD2, I'm sure if the servers continue to be dropped we will put that on.

Thanks for all your help guys! :]
    *FTS|Halo|Ldr

12. The Following User Says Thank You to halojango78 For This Useful Post:

kung foo man (6th June 2013)