Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: [CoD2][Tutorial] How to make your cracked server show up in the master list

... connecting
    Thanks
    Sorry for the necropost. Just want to report in with my experience of getting a cracked server running.

I've tested this with cod2_lnxded_1_3_nodelay and cod2_lnxded_1_3_nodelay_va_loc from bgauduch/call-of-duty-2-docker-server. I'm too lazy to run md5sum, but I'm guessing they're the files from the "Latest cod2 linux binaries" thread.

With these files, my server shows up on the masterlist instantly. When using cod2_lnxded_1_3_cracked, my server would not show up on the masterlist at all. I had it running for several hours, so it wasn't a matter of waiting.

However, using the iptables configs specified in the OP did not work for me. When my client tried to connect, my server would send a `getIpAuthorize` query to the master server and deny my client's connection with the following error, which I assume the `INVALID_CDKEY` ipconfig is meant to prevent:

Key Code in use. Please try reconnecting later.
    I did find a solution that worked for me on this thread in the FPSadmin forums.

I added this new ipconfig directive:

iptables -I INPUT -p UDP --sport 20700 -s cod2master.activision.com -j REJECT
    ...and ran these commands to remove the ones suggested in this thread:

iptables -D INPUT -p udp -m string --string "BANNED_CDKEY" --algo bm --to 65535 -m udp --sport 20700 --dport 28961 -j DROP
    iptables -D INPUT -p udp -m string --string "INVALID_CDKEY" --algo bm --to 65535 -m udp --sport 20700 --dport 28961 -j DROP
    Now, when I try to connect to my server, it logs the following messages, and lets me in:

sending getIpAuthorize for MY.CLIENT.IP.HERE:28960 [four times]
    authorize server timed out
    SV_DirectConnect()
    Client 1 connecting with 100 challenge ping from MY.CLIENT.IP.HERE:28960
    Connecting player #0 has a zero GUID
    Going from CS_FREE to CS_CONNECTED for (num 0 guid 0)
    I had to increase the max ping in my server config file. One time, it spiked to 2100 during this timeout, and I got a "Server is for low ping players only" error:

set sv_maxPing "10000"
    tl;dr When using cod2_lnxded_1_3_nodelay_va_loc and a more strict ipconfig rule, my server shows up instantly in the masterlist, and players with duplicate CD keys can connect within 5-10 seconds.

I'd like to figure out why the solution suggested here didn't work in my case. Any insights?
    Last edited by vesicant; 28th January 2018 at 04:54.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to vesicant For This Useful Post:

kung foo man (28th January 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vesicant View Post
    I'd like to figure out why the solution suggested here didn't work in my case. Any insights?
    The cracked binary disables the master server.
    The no delay binary changes the minimum required master server offline time before you can connect to a original server (from ~30 minutes to 5 seconds).
    The iptables solution blocks the reject message for cracked players (requires the right server ports and root access).
    The best solution is installing libcod and setting sv_cracked to 1.

For more information see the libcod section:
    https://killtube.org/forumdisplay.php?44-libcod

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mitch For This Useful Post:

bgauduch (10th April 2019),kung foo man (28th January 2018),vesicant (28th January 2018)

... connecting
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    The iptables solution blocks the reject message for cracked players (requires the right server ports and root access).
    Oh, I see, I missed this part from the OP:

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    If your server has a other port, change the dport to the port your server uses or remove it to make it drop every packet.
    I set my server to port 28960, not 28961 as targeted by your ipconfig rules. I removed the more restrictive rule I was using, re-added the rules from the OP with corrected dport, and everything works as intended. Thanks for the explanation!

Noob question: Are there reasons to run a COD2 server on a port other than the default 28960, besides to avoid conflicts with other apps running on the server? I can imagine running multiple COD2 dedicated servers from the same box, but is there anything else?

Edit: I did try using libcod2_1_3_nomysql.so (2013-Aug-30) from here, but no luck. (I did set sv_cracked correctly.) I'll try with the 2015-Jan-29 versions later, but I'm satisfied with my setup for now. Thanks again.
    Last edited by vesicant; 29th January 2018 at 00:19.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,084 Times in 753 Posts
    Oh those old .so-files, they are totally outdated and lack most features. Just compile from source (Vorons repo), it's pretty fast and painless.

Maybe installing gcc is too much for a small docker, but once compiled, you can reuse the .so-files for (atleast) the same distribution version.
    timescale 0.01

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 674 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kung foo man View Post
    Oh those old .so-files, they are totally outdated and lack most features. Just compile from source (Vorons repo), it's pretty fast and painless.

Maybe installing gcc is too much for a small docker, but once compiled, you can reuse the .so-files for (atleast) the same distribution version.
    Newer versions use g++ for compiling.
    "Does not work" is an error report for a bug between keyboard and chair.

All hail Artie Effem

Thanks
    Thanked 1,084 Times in 753 Posts
    With GCC, the GNU Compiler Collection, you can compile C, C++, Objective-C, Fortran, Ada, and Go.
    </nitpick>
    timescale 0.01

Private
    Thanks
    I did all what is written in this post:

https://killtube.org/showthread.php?...ll=1#post16843

and i see my server on master list, but i cant join it? :/

EDIT: It works!
    cod2_lnxded_1_3_nodelay_va_loc did the job!
    Last edited by rgl12; 16th March 2018 at 00:49.

Private
    Thanks
    But I still dont understand, why only one server is listed?

connect 80.211.219.240:28960 - Only this one is listed
    connect 80.211.219.240:28962 - this one is not
    connect 80.211.219.240:28964 - this one is not either

any solutions?

on gametracker they are active

https://www.gametracker.com/search/?query=chlejtuny

EDIT:
    Got it worked with this command

iptables -I INPUT -p UDP --sport 20700 -s cod2master.activision.com -j REJECT
    Last edited by rgl12; 27th March 2018 at 00:05.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rgl12 For This Useful Post:

Mr.Dion (30th March 2019)

... connecting
    Thanks

Arrow

Hi there,

I created this project bgauduch/call-of-duty-2-docker-server quite a while ago, it's funny its still in use today

So looking at the feedback given to @vesicant and @rgl12, I updated the project and added the libcod base library, maybe it will be of some use
    Any feedback would be much appreciated !

By the way, HUDGE thanks to all the community members for their work on the cracked server binaries and the libcod !
    @Mitch @KungFooMan @IzNoGod @Voron00 and anyone I would have forgotten to mention.
    Keep up the awesome work

HF & GL

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bgauduch For This Useful Post:

kung foo man (11th April 2019),Mitch (12th April 2019)

... connecting
    Thanks
    Can you do a video please?