Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: [CoD2][Tutorial] How to make your cracked server show up in the master list

Thanks
    I can't seem to edit my post again, sorry about that

I tried the latest libcod version for Windows, but it doesn't seem to be working.
    I added the '+set sv_cracked 1' parameter to my startup line, changed the .bat file to use the correct .DLL file (1.0, not 1.3) and ran the bat file.
    It says it was able to successfully inject the DLL into the process, but when I join the server I get a Bad Keycode error.
    Is it possible that the cracked feature has not been ported yet to the Windows version of libcod?

Many thanks!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSlow View Post
    I can't seem to edit my post again, sorry about that

I tried the latest libcod version for Windows, but it doesn't seem to be working.
    I added the '+set sv_cracked 1' parameter to my startup line, changed the .bat file to use the correct .DLL file (1.0, not 1.3) and ran the bat file.
    It says it was able to successfully inject the DLL into the process, but when I join the server I get a Bad Keycode error.
    Is it possible that the cracked feature has not been ported yet to the Windows version of libcod?

Many thanks!
    I just checked my github log and it doesn't have the same cracked feature as Linux does.
    However i just patched a 1.0 binary to replace 'demo' with 'deny' and 'fs_restrict' with 'fresnel' (i couldn't find a better text to use a cvar).
    With 'set fresnel 1' your server should be listed in the server list and allow cracked players to join and keep your own guid.

Edit: i haven't tested this. So it might or might not work.
    Attached Files Attached Files

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mitch For This Useful Post:

CaptainSlow (9th September 2015),kung foo man (10th September 2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    I just checked my github log and it doesn't have the same cracked feature as Linux does.
    However i just patched a 1.0 binary to replace 'demo' with 'deny' and 'fs_restrict' with 'fresnel' (i couldn't find a better text to use a cvar).
    With 'set fresnel 1' your server should be listed in the server list and allow cracked players to join and keep your own guid.

Many thanks for your reply, time and efforts Mitch!

I have downloaded and tried your executable and so far it seems to be working!! Amazing, thanks so much! I will get back with more results this week, since my friends usually are the ones with issues, not me

Kind regards,
    CS.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainSlow For This Useful Post:

Mitch (10th September 2015)

Thanks

Hi Mitch,

I've got something interesting for you: We run 4 gameservers with ports 28921,28922,28923 and 28924 on the same physical server.
    Server 1 (port 28921) works flawlessly, however the other 3 servers (port 28922,28923 and 28924) display the following error while connecting to them: Server is not a demo server.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Schermafdruk 2015-09-12 16.06.53 (Kopie).png 
Views:	192 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	933
    All servers have almost the same server.cfg (only different maps and gametypes). We run no mods, just plain stock COD2 1.0.
    What could this be causing? I think it's strange it works for 1 server but not for the rest.

Thank you very much in advance for the trouble to be taken!

Kind regards,
    CS

Thanks
    I've got something interesting for you: We run 4 gameservers with ports 28921,28922,28923 and 28924 on the same physical server.
    Server 1 (port 28921) works flawlessly, however the other 3 servers (port 28922,28923 and 28924) display the following error while connecting to them: Server is not a demo server.
    All servers have almost the same server.cfg (only different maps and gametypes). We run no mods, just plain stock COD2 1.0.
    What could this be causing? I think it's strange it works for 1 server but not for the rest.
    You get 'Server is not a demo server' message when you connect with a banned or in use key. Normally you get a more accurate message.
    If you want to enable cracked on those servers you need to add 'set fresnel 1' on those other servers.

For original servers: you can start them via a other exe (e.g. CoD2MP_s_cracked.exe and CoD2MP_s.exe).
    This way you can run original and cracked servers from the same install.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mitch For This Useful Post:

CaptainSlow (13th September 2015),kung foo man (13th September 2015)

Thanks
    You get 'Server is not a demo server' message when you connect with a banned or in use key. Normally you get a more accurate message.
    If you want to enable cracked on those servers you need to add 'set fresnel 1' on those other servers.

For original servers: you can start them via a other exe (e.g. CoD2MP_s_cracked.exe and CoD2MP_s.exe).
    This way you can run original and cracked servers from the same install.
    Ugh, I feel so dumb now! I thought I also modified the startup line of the other three servers but apparently I didn't. Indeed, they were missing the 'set fresnel 1' parameter.
    Sorry for wasting your time Mitch and once again thanks for pointing me into the right direction!!

Thanks
    Will this method also work for COD5 World at War?
    Slow and Steady wins the race

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Will this method also work for COD5 World at War?
    The binary address from the first post will be different for the CD:WaW executable.

Other than that, the principles are the same.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tally For This Useful Post:

CaptainSlow (1st October 2015)

Thanks
    1.3 version (untested)
    Attached Files Attached Files

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mitch For This Useful Post:

Renlie (11th January 2016)

... connecting
    Thanks
    iptables -A INPUT -p udp -m string --algo bm --string "BANNED_CDKEY" --sport 20700 --dport 28961 -j DROP
    iptables -A INPUT -p udp -m string --algo bm --string "INVALID_CDKEY" --sport 20700 --dport 28961 -j DROP

Where should i make this comments?

I have my own bought server , running v1.3. I have acces to gpanel. Help
    Last edited by ReaDyMade; 1st March 2016 at 14:21.