Thread: [CoD2][Tutorial] How to make your cracked server show up in the master list

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ... connecting
    Thanks
    Sorry for the necropost. Just want to report in with my experience of getting a cracked server running.

I've tested this with cod2_lnxded_1_3_nodelay and cod2_lnxded_1_3_nodelay_va_loc from bgauduch/call-of-duty-2-docker-server. I'm too lazy to run md5sum, but I'm guessing they're the files from the "Latest cod2 linux binaries" thread.

With these files, my server shows up on the masterlist instantly. When using cod2_lnxded_1_3_cracked, my server would not show up on the masterlist at all. I had it running for several hours, so it wasn't a matter of waiting.

However, using the iptables configs specified in the OP did not work for me. When my client tried to connect, my server would send a `getIpAuthorize` query to the master server and deny my client's connection with the following error, which I assume the `INVALID_CDKEY` ipconfig is meant to prevent:

Key Code in use. Please try reconnecting later.
    I did find a solution that worked for me on this thread in the FPSadmin forums.

I added this new ipconfig directive:

iptables -I INPUT -p UDP --sport 20700 -s cod2master.activision.com -j REJECT
    ...and ran these commands to remove the ones suggested in this thread:

iptables -D INPUT -p udp -m string --string "BANNED_CDKEY" --algo bm --to 65535 -m udp --sport 20700 --dport 28961 -j DROP
    iptables -D INPUT -p udp -m string --string "INVALID_CDKEY" --algo bm --to 65535 -m udp --sport 20700 --dport 28961 -j DROP
    Now, when I try to connect to my server, it logs the following messages, and lets me in:

sending getIpAuthorize for MY.CLIENT.IP.HERE:28960 [four times]
    authorize server timed out
    SV_DirectConnect()
    Client 1 connecting with 100 challenge ping from MY.CLIENT.IP.HERE:28960
    Connecting player #0 has a zero GUID
    Going from CS_FREE to CS_CONNECTED for (num 0 guid 0)
    I had to increase the max ping in my server config file. One time, it spiked to 2100 during this timeout, and I got a "Server is for low ping players only" error:

set sv_maxPing "10000"
    tl;dr When using cod2_lnxded_1_3_nodelay_va_loc and a more strict ipconfig rule, my server shows up instantly in the masterlist, and players with duplicate CD keys can connect within 5-10 seconds.

I'd like to figure out why the solution suggested here didn't work in my case. Any insights?
    Last edited by vesicant; 28th January 2018 at 04:54.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to vesicant For This Useful Post:

kung foo man (28th January 2018)