Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guid 0

Brigadier General
    Thanks

Guid 0

How to get guid 0? A lot of hackers connect with GUID 0 so u cant ban them. How do you create a GUID 0?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,084 Times in 753 Posts
    Wow, never heared about. Is it a normal non-cracked server?

I would just auto-kick players with GUID 0.
    timescale 0.01

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kung foo man For This Useful Post:

Loveboy (4th May 2013)

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Yeah its a normal non cracked server. It happens on my server. I did that already. I just want to know how to get a GUID 0. SOmetimes when the master server is down you get GUID 0. But i dont have any other idea how to get GUID 0 :/

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kung foo man View Post
    Wow, never heared about. Is it a normal non-cracked server?

I would just auto-kick players with GUID 0.
    It's a bug in the game with versions 1.0 and 1.2. Which is why many modders save data files under player names and not GUID (because everyone would have the same file!).

Thanks
    Thanked 1,084 Times in 753 Posts
    Hm, didn't see one server with ranks based on name.

About the master server, that could be a good point: you can fake/spoof udp-packets, so when you want to connect to a server, you just need to send a fake-master-server-response the the server, you want to play on. I dont know how such a packet could look like, but I'm not interested in server exploiting also. Though it would be nice to know, to fix it.
    timescale 0.01

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 674 Posts
    I remember something about GUID in the B3 docs for 1.0/1.2 which resulted in some GUIDS being 1 char shorter than other causing all kinds of trouble. Might be related?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to IzNoGoD For This Useful Post:

kung foo man (12th April 2013)

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    It should be easy to achieve cos a lot of Polish kids have this guid 0. And im not sure if they have a mombot or something enabled if they have GUID 0

Thanks
    Well, do some logging for that. If someone connect with guid = 0 and is not a bot (self.pers["bot"] = true; on the testclient thread), save the name + guid.
    May enable some IP logging on B3 so u could check if its the same person or different ppl.
    I don't really care about 0 guids, i got them often in my server but theyre there for like 1-2 minutes or seconds. May its if the masterserver is lagging or the server itself (or client).
    Just enable all test stuff (homeserver, your guid = 0) with
    PHP Code:
    if(getCvar("sv_home") && self getGuid() == 0
    No ... No ... this is not possible .......

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Earliboy For This Useful Post:

kung foo man (13th April 2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tally View Post
    Which is why many modders save data files under player names and not GUID (because everyone would have the same file!).
    Wheres the sense? Okay, everyone would have the same file. But if its not cracked, its doesnt makes sense.
    You could also use an account system with login/pw.
    But using name files, is useless because ppl are changing theyre names and then they would just complain and cry about lossing stats.
    Saving only via name files is just useless so use an account system thats more usefull!
    No ... No ... this is not possible .......

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Earliboy View Post
    Wheres the sense? Okay, everyone would have the same file. But if its not cracked, its doesnt makes sense.
    You could also use an account system with login/pw.
    But using name files, is useless because ppl are changing theyre names and then they would just complain and cry about lossing stats.
    Saving only via name files is just useless so use an account system thats more usefull!

The developers of the eXtreme+ mod - a mod which has been around longer than you - uses player names to save data because of the GUID bug in the game. There are really good reasons why they use player names. They have been through the testing process for over 8 years with the mod. The developers of that particular mod were or are some of the most gifted in the COD modding community. It really is insulting to their talent to say that they never considered all the arguments you can think up. I'm pretty sure PatmanSan (current developer for the COD2 eXtreme+ mod) or Astoroth (original creator of the mod) could mod you under the proverbial table.

Ultimately, you do things your way; let other people choose to do things their way.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tally For This Useful Post:

ysniper (11th January 2016)