Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom headicon problems

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    I forgot the right limit. I have seen the error message that says this limit.

Edit: I just checked and it is 15.
    Code:
    ******* script runtime error *******
    Too many player head icons precached. Max allowed is 15: (file 'maps/mp/gametypes/_ranks.gsc', line 129)
       precacheHeadIcon(level.ranks[i].hud_icon);
    I remember now why I only used 12 headicons - because you can only use 12 statusicons. If you want to synchronize the statusicons with headicons, you can only use 12 of each, because of the engine limit on statusicons - in other words, you can't have more headicons than statusicons.

Thanks
    Weird, today i got error saying that max amount of statusicons is eight. Two already precached and i could only use 6

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EvoloZz View Post
    Weird, today i got error saying that max amount of statusicons is eight. Two already precached and i could only use 6
    Yeah, I'm going mad in my old age. I have 12 rank headicons precached, but there are actually only 6 ranks. It's just that the allies have their team icon as well, and so do the axis:

Allies:

Axis:

As you can see, I tried to replicate COD4's placings of the rank icons instead of the massive rank icon above the head like they did in United Offensive. So, I need 6 headicons for the allies to get the 6 rank icons on, and 6 headicons for axis, although they show the same 6 rank icons as the allies. If I used the United Offensive method and had the big rank icons above the head, I would only have needed 6 headicons, and used the same 6 for both teams.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tally For This Useful Post:

kung foo man (3rd February 2013)