PDA

View Full Version : Rank system

Loveboy
7th November 2012, 16:38
Hello guys,
i need a rank system WHICH SAVES ranks.

Rank 0-50

the another 50 -100 i will make

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Killer.Pro
8th November 2012, 06:03
Did you try it yourself?
I want to see your work first...

Tally
8th November 2012, 12:26
Which game? COD2? It can be done, but it requires a high level of mod experience to make it work in a mod. Noobs need not attempt it.

If it is for an earlier version of COD, like COD1 or UO, you are out of luck. The game engine for those games wont support persistent stats of any kind.

Loveboy
8th November 2012, 13:17
this is for cod2, and i have a ranksystem, this will not save..
so i need a new ranksystem.. a guy have give me the ranksystem which is not work, he said
don't give another guys the rank system.

kung foo man
8th November 2012, 14:11
If it is for an earlier version of COD, like COD1 or UO, you are out of luck. The game engine for those games wont support persistent stats of any kind.

Just write what you want to the log-file, parse it with B3, communicate changes back through rcon by setting cvar's :)

Or extend the script engine functions.

I did it the last way, because i wanted mysql-performance.

Loveboy
8th November 2012, 14:38
i want a comment by a guy , who can make a ranksystem :)

- How like tutorial so say: create a _rank.gsc and find this line and add...
this will be good

Tally
8th November 2012, 17:39
i want a comment by a guy , who can make a ranksystem :)

- How like tutorial so say: create a _rank.gsc and find this line and add...
this will be good

I can make a rank system. I've been making rank systems for over 9 years. I just know that you want them to make it for you. There is a difference.

I don't believe you have the experience to be able to make a complicated thing like persistent stats work in COD2. It requires more than a knowledge of making simple mods. It requires experience running a dedicated server as well. This is because the only way to get a rank to persist past you disconnecting and then coming back to the server at a later date is to use COD2's file functions: write an rank event to data file, read it back at a later date. This requires you knowing how to use dedicated servers because it wont work on a local/Listen server. The file functions don't work properly on local/listen servers.

As I said above, as I don't believe you are experienced enough in modding to take on such a complicated modding task, it would be unwise to even start trying to help you do it, because you will not be able to finish it off. It would end up me actually making the mod for you. And I don't have either the time nor the inclination to do that. And I believe it would be the case for anyone else thinking of trying to help you - they would end up making the mod for you.

If you want to make a simpler rank system which doesn't require persistent stats, I would be willing to help you do that. The rank would only last for each match/game. As soon as you rotate to the next map, or start a new round, the data will be lost. Doing that is fairly easy to do.

Just to let you know - I wrote the rank system in the Xtreme+ mod for COD2 back in 2006. That rank system doesn't have persistent ranks, but it does have killstreaks which go with it - artillery, airstrike, and napalm strike.

Tally
8th November 2012, 18:17
This is my current rank system in Demon Mod:

http://video.xfire.com/5c0e84-4.jpg (http://www.xfire.com/video/5c0e84/)

Loveboy
8th November 2012, 19:27
Omg............ The best mod ever !!! THE BEST MOD EVER !!! NICE JOB !!! VERRY VERRY NICE JOB!!! Carepackage, airstrike.......... NICE JOB
I want it too BUT ITS VERY VERY HARD WORK AND NICE JOB