kung foo man
8th September 2012, 03:25
Hey ppl,

does anybody already installed it?

I did it some hours ago and just want to share my experience:

- the metra gui sucks
- its booting to the metro and not to the desktop
- no start button
- no drivers for my wlan (didnt found drivers for anything). i tried win7-drivers, but i couldnt install it nor i could install the .inf-file (but it immediatly preinstalled drivers for audio and video!)
- it doesnt immediatly connect to the wlan-router (try to explain your mum how to do that!)

Fixes:

- install ViStart, its faking the start-button
- my wlan-stick worked (thank god!)
- if you are in metro window, press the desktop button

I wish there would be a Windows XP with the really nice features of Windows 8. Like: integrated backup system, versioned file system, integrated mount of .iso-files and stuff... but NO, they have to make such a touchscreen shit, lol. I guess they want a REAL OS for Windows 9. ;P

To use it a bit better, remind some key-strokes:

close metrowindow: alt+f4
open computer: win+e
switch windows: alt+tab

have fun with getting a red head... at the beginning, you dont know the EASIEST STUFF xD

Killer.Pro
8th September 2012, 05:58
And that's where windows 7 come back :D

Kangaroo
8th September 2012, 17:44
I have XP and I like it :p

I don't have any problems :D

Killer.Pro
8th September 2012, 18:39
Same here for win7 :)

kung foo man
8th September 2012, 18:51
im working mainly with win-xp also :D

i hate all new things... like the taskbar in 7 xD or paint... the old mspaint.exe was so easy to use, the new one is so annoying. you cant even draw without anti-aliasing...

"better" = worse

Killer.Pro
9th September 2012, 04:35
It's great when you get used to it . . . I also switched from xp to win7 it was hard for first but now it's very easy :D

kung foo man
15th November 2012, 14:08
After using windows 8 for some weeks, i got used to the new interface and really like it.

But still two problems:
- windows 8 constantly forgets the wlan-data (now i know the cryptic wpa2-password by heart :D)
- the titles of windows are centered and i cant change it (a feature is a bug, if you cant change it)

Edit:
1 more annoying thing:
- when I press F2 to rename a file, it doesnt select the extension...