PDA

View Full Version : MAPPING : How to add a background sound in a custom map.

Killer.Pro
3rd September 2012, 15:02
Hey friends,
In this tutorial i'm going to show you how to put a background sound in your custom map.
To start we're going to open the mp_mapname.gsc file.
It should be something like this

main()
{
maps\mp\_load::main();
}

here we're going to set our sound so that when the map will start the sound'll be called from here.

so we need to put some codes in it.

main()
{
maps\mp\_load::main();

ambientPlay("ambient_background_sound");
}

so now we need to make some folders and in those folders we'll put our sound and its settings.
so on your desktop make folder 'sound' and 'soundaliases'
In the sound folder make another folder 'ambient' and put your sound file (the sound you want to be played on your map) in there.
and in soundaliases folder make a text document and name it background_sound.csv (you can rename it to anything)
in the background_sound.csv file all you need is this code

name,sequence,file,vol_min,vol_max,vol_mod,pitch_m in,pitch_max,dist_min,dist_max,channel,type,probab ility,loop,masterslave,loadspec,subtitle,compressi on,secondaryaliasname,volumefalloffcurve,startdela y,speakermap,reverb,lfe percentage

#Ambiance
ambient_background_sound,,ambient/yoursoundname.mp3,0.63,,,,,,,local,streamed,,loopi ng,,mp_yourmapname

sound and soundaliases should be in the iwd file
so guys thats it for the background music
hope it helps..

kung foo man
3rd September 2012, 16:02
another tutorial by prokiler, really nice :)

i wanna add, that serveradmins need to copy the files in every custom-map-/soundaliases/-folder to there own fs_game without making them in an .iwd-file

this way, a server can have unlimited maps (all in /main). :)

Killer.Pro
3rd September 2012, 17:30
yes true :)

STAUFFi
3rd September 2012, 18:50
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV7mhIbG8Jw

Killer.Pro
3rd September 2012, 19:38
lol german xD i watched his tutorials when i was beginner...he made good tutorials

STAUFFi
4th September 2012, 15:52
ye and copy this tutorial for K~ ^^

Killer.Pro
4th September 2012, 16:43
Not really . . . i did everything myself :p i am good enough for these small scriptings now xD i can do this my eyes closed :D & btw i showed easy steps so don't compare mine with his tutorial xD