PDA

View Full Version : [COD 1.1] How to perform an operation when a specific map loads ?

raphael
18th January 2023, 13:12
Hello

I use CODAM with MISCMOD, have few maps in my maprotation (server has a vote menu)

I would like to allow automatic weapons when a specific one loads (default=only rifles enabled)

Can you help me to achieve this please ?

I was thinking about getting a "script"(.cfg?) to load when detecting the map change... but I don't know how to achieve that actually.
I would love to know how to do that because I guess there are more interesting possibilities than just changing weapons.

IzNoGoD
18th January 2023, 19:38
Would say you should script this, preferably through the map gsc

raphael
19th January 2023, 09:40

Ok ty very much for your suggestion
I will try to do that and give a report

raphael
21st January 2023, 10:00

If I just want to enable all weapons, would there be an easier way ?

I didn't try modifying map gsc yet

But I guess that would make the client to have to download the map (I want to do this on a stock map)

I would like to know if there is a way to enable all weapons on a stock map without the need to make client download a modified version of it

But it's very good to know that you can do such things modifying map gsc

IzNoGoD
22nd January 2023, 19:31
If I just want to enable all weapons, would there be an easier way ?

I didn't try modifying map gsc yet

But I guess that would make the client to have to download the map (I want to do this on a stock map)

I would like to know if there is a way to enable all weapons on a stock map without the need to make client download a modified version of it

But it's very good to know that you can do such things modifying map gsc

No need, the script would be server-side only.