PDA

View Full Version : Strange problem with libcod and meat bot

agribilos
19th January 2021, 08:52
Hi
I need your help about my problem.
The last days i have been messing around with meatbot on my local windows machine with no big problems. I even tried libcod for windows and it worked fine. The problem is that when i tried to upload meatbot to my linux server (that uses libcod) it stopped functioning properly. Specifically the bots will move until they meet enemy bot but then they freeze. If i join the game and shoot those bots then my bot allies will move until they find the next enemy bot and then freeze again. They don't shoot any bullets. My first thought was that i had messed up the code at some point so i tried unmodified versions of meatbot (both 0.92 and 0.93) but the problem was still there. Next i tried different different versions of libcod and the problem remained. The next thing i tried is to run the server without libcod and then the bots worked like on my local pc. What could be the issue? Any help welcome.

IzNoGoD
19th January 2021, 16:37
Try config.hpp setting COMPILE_BOTS to 0 and recompiling libcod.

There's a hook for bot movement that gets compiled in by default, it might be messing with meatbot stuffs.

agribilos
19th January 2021, 17:03
ok i will try that. Thanks

agribilos
19th January 2021, 18:05
Ok it seems to have resolved the issue. Thanks again