PDA

View Full Version : Q3 Engine Download Exploit

Prawy
6th November 2020, 16:04
Hey,

Since CoD1 1.1 version was out.HTTP Redirect wasn't implemented here. Like on CoD2 1.0. Well i've got php's codmp.exe, codextended.dll which is implementing that to cod 1 client side.
But to make every player download it i want to use download exploit which will upload codmp.exe and codextended.dll into player game directory.
Like it's working on CoD4x.
I know i just need for cod1 .pk3 file in which i have this updated files + some .exe program which will actually put them on right place.

But how to do it ? No idea.

Thanks in advance

somewhat windy
7th November 2020, 16:49
I think you underestimate the power of these exploits. Sharing any of them is just generally a bad idea and nobody will help you.
If you're stuck at planning how will you attempt to fix these exploits? You need to close the door(s) behind yourself.

php
8th November 2020, 16:03
So you wanna use a old client/dll/mod I made years ago, yet you don't understand or have the experience to create this yourself, yet you ask for some methods of which you do not understand the mechanics or implications of.
You don't have the source code for said client or DLL nor the skillset to investigate / mod / remake it, nor are you completely sure whether it's safe to put on other people's PCs (it may have bugs / I don't even know which version you downloaded). And even then not even mentioning all the bad actors that might wanna abuse it.

kung foo man
9th November 2020, 09:03
*points to Infinity Ward that THEY actually have to patch their games if there are security risks and exploits*

Can't be bothered to close/censor this thread, but actual information will be deleted

Prawy
9th November 2020, 09:32
Just delete this thread simple