PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother Bot (B3) and COD2 1.0

CaptainSlow
26th April 2020, 01:38
I've been experimenting with Big Brother Bot (B3) and COD2 1.0 (using voron00's libcod). In-game commands, such as !time and !nextmap, do not work, even after setting the access level to guests (0).
I looked in the B3 COD2 parsers code and saw the following line:

'CoD2 version 1.0 has known limitations on authentication! B3 will not work properly!')
I suppose this is due to (virtually) all players having GUID 0 nowadays and thus B3 does not recognize them.

However, I also saw this line:

IpsOnly = False
I changed it from False to True, hoping it would use IP addresses to identify players, but sadly it doesn't.
Other, non GUID based functions, such as advertisements/messages, work fine.

Does anyone know why B3 doesn't play nicely with COD 2 1.0?

IzNoGoD
26th April 2020, 07:36
Is your log file being parsed correctly? Logsync should be 2 iirc.

Furthermore, if all you want is !nextmap and !time, it's almost trivial to code something up to work inside cod2, especially with libcod installed.

Ni3ls
26th April 2020, 12:21
You can also assign an ip to each individual player when they have guid 0. Store them in mysql on ip.

CaptainSlow
26th April 2020, 13:36
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. The issue was in the RCON connection, which I overlooked because my loglevel was set too high.
My COD2 server bound to IP 0.0.0.0 instead of my WAN_IP. For some reason, B3 didn't like that and refused to connect over RCON....
I solved it by adding
+ net_ip WAN_IP to the startup command of my server.
Now it works as intended, using IP instead of GUID :)

Thanks!!