PDA

View Full Version : Sprinting with weapon in COD2

croni1012
14th March 2018, 23:37
Hi,

I am currently working on a solutions to achieve the player can sprint with the weapon. It wil NOT need an additional weapon and require libcod (to set player's speed). It will replace the melee animation so needs to write an additional bash script (e.g knife).

Link to a preview video:
http://haru-subs.hu/_harudirs/nyaa/sprint.mp4

Sorry for the lagg I don't know how to properly make video. At least the point can be visible.

Anyone interested in it?

nyaa

the_law
15th March 2018, 01:47
Libcod can be used to change the movement speed for sprint.

croni1012
15th March 2018, 13:49
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-8IZ5spkTM

Mariusz
15th March 2018, 15:09
Awesome jelzo. I can't wait to download it ;):D:p

maxdamage99
15th March 2018, 20:33
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-8IZ5spkTM

few "_mp" clon files with sprinting animation for all weapons?:D

croni1012
15th March 2018, 20:42
It will NOT need an additional weapon and require libcod (to set player's speed). It will replace the melee animation

maxdamage99
16th March 2018, 15:52
Melee animation? :confused:

croni1012
16th March 2018, 16:24
Bash.

maxdamage99
17th March 2018, 16:14
Bash.

I understand melee = bash, but how? Script or changes in "_mp" file?

jordanb
2nd April 2018, 17:40
This sprint mod looks absolutely AMAZING croni1012! One question, will you also include the animations for the original COD2 weapons as well? Would be a game changer for sure. Thanks for your work!

croni1012
3rd April 2018, 21:53
Can't do that. This replaces the melee anim, so its need an bash replace script. Knifing, for example.

jordanb
4th April 2018, 15:50
Can't do it even with modding/scripting? Does it require custom weapons and lots of work? However you did it in that video looks truly amazing (pretty much seamless with all the other COD titles that include a default sprint).

I love rifles only AND sprinting, I know many disagree. To this day, COD2 is the best experience and closest I get to the nostalgia of playing late into the morning with my brothers back in the day (on COD UO). I find the COD2 maps and overall quality to be much better than UO, with the exception of no default sprinting.

Are there any other sprint mods for the standard multiplayer game?

I have used Tallys sprint mod. It's probably the best I've found. The issue is that you always accidentally pick up dropped weapons when you run over them. The Demon mod has a decent sprint feature too, again OK but not great. Sadly, Back 2 Fronts has a good looking sprint (sadly no weapon anims), but is currently only available in single player.

In this day with all the expensive DLC and having to buy extra (and limited) maps, I find the original COD series up to WAW far superior. I've tried loving WAW as it is also WW2 themed (and has sprint), just something off about it. In my book, if COD2 had a seemingly default sprint (with weapon animations, etc.) it would be the best ever. OK rant over, LOL!

IzNoGoD
5th April 2018, 00:19
I have used Tallys sprint mod. It's probably the best I've found. The issue is that you always accidentally pick up dropped weapons when you run over them.

I've made a sprint mod once and coded around this issue. It became quite bothersome to code around it properly, and I'm not convinced by the code quality that came out of that.

croni1012
5th April 2018, 01:48
Well, because cod2 use a few weapons on each map with script it has a chance to manage it. But that will require a lot script too. And I just dont interest in it. Maybe after I finish with my zombie mod.

filthy_freak_
5th April 2018, 05:10
I've made a sprint mod once and coded around this issue. It became quite bothersome to code around it properly, and I'm not convinced by the code quality that came out of that.

For my servers I found the pickup code in the source and changed it to pickup weapons when F is released rather than picking up weapon when it's pressed down. Solves the problem.

Back 2 Fronts has a good looking sprint (sadly no weapon anims), but is currently only available in single player.

Check out one of these servers; http://iznogod.killtube.org/index.php?page=0&show_empty=1&show_full=1&game=cod2&fs_game=kingbot

You will find it's using the B2F sprint anim as well as a thirdperson sprint anim.

IzNoGoD
5th April 2018, 11:03
For my servers I found the pickup code in the source and changed it to pickup weapons when F is released rather than picking up weapon when it's pressed down. Solves the problem.

Doesn't that just move the problem to the end of the sprint part?

filthy_freak_
5th April 2018, 12:03
Doesn't that just move the problem to the end of the sprint part?

Oh yeah I forgot to mention I also made it not pickup any weapons after sprinting has started even if F is released which solves that.

Only downside is you can't start sprinting while standing on a weapon (However you can hold F then move away from the weapon and it will start sprinting).

jordanb
8th April 2018, 10:15
Thanks croni1012!

I would love to see the sprint anims for rifles and sniper rifles only. Not sure if that would make a difference, but it would be significantly less weapons than all of the original weapons in COD2. I don't have coding/scripting skills, but if I can help you somehow make this happen, that would be AWESOME. I could donate limited (maybe $75-$100) funds once done via PayPal, etc.

jordanb
8th April 2018, 10:17
Oh yeah I forgot to mention I also made it not pickup any weapons after sprinting has started even if F is released which solves that.

Awesome IzNoGoD, very close to what I'm after! I will definitely take a look at this and try it out. I appreciate you taking the time to make the suggestion.

croni1012
11th April 2018, 11:03
I sent a pm to you jordanb.

Dimitrio290
5th October 2022, 18:00

I'm sorry to bring up an old topic, but could you point to the function in which you made changes, or show the code?