PDA

View Full Version : KNIFE MOD

G-Stuff002
6th March 2018, 09:18
Hello,

i added a knife from 'Demon Mod' in zz_allcustom_v1.iwd (moved with all the necessary files) everything works fine but no animation on the flying knife.

Many thanks to Tally for this great knife mod

I have a issue, what i should do whit script for 'Visible Knife Fly' for split with my _weapon.gsc

What I'm stuck with right now:

1. I moved to zz_allcustom_v1.iwd "demon" folder with _knife.gsc file

2. In _knife.gsc deleted this code #include demon\_utils; (because I did not find any scripts for the flight)

3. And i added in zz_allcustom_v1.iwd - maps/mp/gametypes/_weapons.gsc this code:

I added in that Split order:

}
}

detectWeaponChange()
{
while( isAlive( self ) )
{
self waittill( "weapon_change", newWeapon, oldWeapon );

if( !maps\mp\gametypes\_utils::isWeaponType( "mg", newWeapon ) )
{
if( isDefined( self.turretHintHud ) )
self.turretHintHud.alpha = 0;

if( newWeapon == "knife_mp" )
self thread demon\_knife::init_knife();
else
self notify( "stop_knife" );

}

}
}

What i has turned out: i see a flying knife just at the very end (at the end of the flight) it's all...

This is my _weapon.gsc: 1453

This is with knife fly _weapon.gsc: 1454

This included

This i was deleted

IzNoGoD
6th March 2018, 10:38
Given your code (i had a quick look) the knife doesnt do any damage while flying.

G-Stuff002
6th March 2018, 10:49
I do not even know where to look more..

G-Stuff002
6th March 2018, 11:49
I returned In _knife.gsc this code #include demon\_utils;

Found some necessary codes like: (GetStance(), bulletTrace, iMaxDamage - iMinDamage) and deleted all other 1457

But _utils.gsc redirect to zz_allcustom_v1.iwd\maps\mp\gametypes\_class.gsc. I added from Demon Mod and edited it. Here i found Damage Modifier 1458

Not properly edited..got 'bad syntax'

Tally
6th March 2018, 13:34
Given your code (i had a quick look) the knife doesnt do any damage while flying.

The knife weapon file fires "invisible" bullets to kill players/bots. There is a script which runs an animated knife model, which rotates in the air, but this is mere cosmetics. Its the knife weapon file which actually kills. It's just that it has no muzzle flash or sound we normally associate with a weapon fired in COD.

G-Stuff002
6th March 2018, 13:52
What did i miss, for visible flight of a knife ? I do not see rotates in the air

Tally
6th March 2018, 14:02
Please see attachment.

1. If you want to increase the range of the knife's kill zone, edit the knife_mp weapon file and adjust the minDamageRange and maxDamageRange values. They are currently set to the same kill zone as a pistol weapon. But you might want to increase this range to something like 800:

maxDamageRange = 800
minDamageRange = 800

2. The knife mod works by having increase damage (it is currently set to 150 making it a one-shot-kill weapon). Because it has no fire sound, and no muzzle flash FX, it shoots players/bots "invisibly". But it is basically working just the same way all other weapons do.

3. The rotating knife flying through the air towards your victims is purely cosmetic. But you should get that every time you "throw" the knife at someone. If you don't, then you aren't threading to the required function properly. To fix that, learn how to code and mod for COD! :)

G-Stuff002
6th March 2018, 14:22
knife_mod.zip did not help, I already have include all these files.

Thanks but I can not fix myself

Can I upload on filehosting.org mod for you?

Tally
6th March 2018, 15:01
knife_mod.zip did not help, I already have include all these files.

Thanks but I can not fix myself

Can I upload on filehosting.org mod for you?

Yeah, upload it and I'll have a quick look.

G-Stuff002
6th March 2018, 15:27
Hurried to write, it works except rotating knife, not properly integrated _callbacksetup.gsc.. Let it be so, this is enough, so as not to bother.

I'll upload in 15 minutes, have a bad internet speed..

I want to show what has already turn out, zz_allcustom_v1.iwd almost finished except the same problem with flamethrower...

kung foo man
6th March 2018, 15:48
Just saying it again, GitHub makes a good "file hosting" and the uploaded files are probably online for years/decades to come, unlike filehosting.org uploads

And if you change a single file, you don't need to upload it all over again, just the delta-compression

G-Stuff002
6th March 2018, 16:48
Please get the download link

zz_allcustom_v1: http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/728384/SegREvkId82f1YFf/zz_allcustom_v1%20(almost%20finished).rar

What I've done:

1. Added additional weapons in pistols menu
2. Fixed and added codes for weapon images

Weapons:

-Knife (already working)
-DP28 (added new reloaded animation and maked new image)
-Panzerfaust 60 (added)
-Supajoe's Nade Launcher (added this fun weapon, maked image)
-Mosin Nagant (Added new animation melee and maked new image)
-Arisaka (maked image)
-Garand sniper (maked image)
-MP 3008 (maked image)

Flamethrower (added and maked image) from ASIOAS Multiplayer mod (1.5) (does not work yet)

Tally
6th March 2018, 17:16
Please get the download link

zz_allcustom_v1: http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/728384/SegREvkId82f1YFf/zz_allcustom_v1%20(almost%20finished).rar

What I've done:

1. Added additional weapons in pistols menu
2. Fixed and added codes for weapon images

Weapons:

-Knife (already working)
-DP28 (added new reloaded animation and maked new image)
-Panzerfaust 60 (added)
-Supajoe's Nade Launcher (added this fun weapon, maked image)
-Mosin Nagant (Added new animation melee and maked new image)
-Arisaka (maked image)
-Garand sniper (maked image)
-MP 3008 (maked image)

Flamethrower (added and maked image) from ASIOAS Multiplayer mod (1.5) (does not work yet)

So, let me get this straight:

1. You want the knife added and working;
2. You want the flamethrower added and working.

Let me know if that is right, or if there is anything else that needs doing.

G-Stuff002
6th March 2018, 17:18
Knife is already working without fly rotation animation, but that's enough, i think

Flamethrower added but does not working the damage and large fire animation

It remains only to edit Flamethrower

Tally
6th March 2018, 18:12
Knife is already working without fly rotation animation, but that's enough, i think

Flamethrower added but does not working the damage and large fire animation

It remains only to edit Flamethrower

The Knife is now fully working with animations. All I have to do is the flamethrower. But I need the following files for the flamethrower:

1. _asioas_utility.gsc
2. _asioas_procedure.gsc

NOTE:

You now have 48 weapons precached. You cannot add anymore. The game does not work properly with more than 48 weapons precached.

G-Stuff002
6th March 2018, 18:16
Got it, it's great. 48 weapons it's enough

Files for the flamethrower : 1460

Tally
6th March 2018, 18:30
I need the original flamethrower mod. There are lots of files missing (fx, sound, etc).

G-Stuff002
6th March 2018, 18:35
https://www.nexusmods.com/callofduty2/mods/682

Uploaded: http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/728412/46MJmZvGKtyZXM5O/asioas_cod2_mod_v1.5.zip

Tally
6th March 2018, 19:52
Here you go:

DOWNLOAD (http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/728417/iiN3Wjtzhfmwu1fZ/allweapons.rar)

Everything you asked me to do is now working.

1. There are lots, and lots, of soundalias errors. You need to go through all the soundalias files and delete all the ones you don't use/don't have sounds for.

2. You are maxed out on weapons now. You have a total of 54 weapons precached including the grenade files. The server is just about standing up. If you add any more the server will crash. 48 is the "safe" limit.

G-Stuff002
6th March 2018, 20:01
Thank you so much, finally everything works.

How can I thank you ? maybe i will make you donate ?

G-Stuff002
6th March 2018, 20:09
I have soundalias errors because I did not edit z_b2fsound2.csv. This file for the sound of two weapons from another mod. I edited it but it did not work afterwards..but I'll figure it out later

Сan I add one new function in this mod ? without adding weapon. Wanted to add finishing touch like to add a little zest/special

Tally
6th March 2018, 21:04
I have soundalias errors because I did not edit z_b2fsound2.csv. This file for the sound of two weapons from another mod. I edited it but it did not work afterwards..but I'll figure it out later

Сan I add one new function in this mod ? without adding weapon. Wanted to add finishing touch like to add a little zest/special

You can add as many additions as you like, as long as they don't require weapon files.