PDA

View Full Version : Soundaliases channel keys

Belz
17th February 2018, 14:45
Hi everyone,

I have just created my account and I have to say that it impresses me and also gives me joy to see that the 'old' call of duty games still have an active modding community.

I wanted to ask for help with a specific case, if possible. I have been trying to create a script that plays a sound (music) when the players uses the respective trigger and make it stop once he uses it again. So far I have been successful, stopping the sound by overriding it with the "null.wav" set in the same channel as the original sound, but I noticed it also is overridden by any other sound active in the map using that channel. I have currently set its channel as "Item" and as far as I have seen (heard :cool: ) there has been no interference, for no other sound (at least in the mod I am releasing the map for) uses that specific channel, but it kind of bugs me that it's just like a 'temporary' way of fixing it.

Is there a way to add a custom channel? I have looked for any file that contains the list of channels or something similar but with no luck.

I await any responses.

Thank you
Belz.

EDIT: Also, sorry for asking it here, but how can I change my profile pic? :D
EDIT_2: Forgot to mention that the game I am having this problem on, is Call of Duty 2 ! :rolleyes:

IzNoGoD
17th February 2018, 19:55
AFAIK that's impossible. You can play quite a lot of sounds using the auto channel, but you will not be able to override them, and hence cannot stop them.

Belz
19th February 2018, 13:26
Thank you for the answer IzNoGod, I guess I will have to stick with "item" channel then :p