PDA

View Full Version : Mod protection

Mariusz
13th October 2017, 16:22
How to protect mod and packages simultaneously?

voron00
13th October 2017, 20:02
Hmm..? You got something so cool that is worthy of protection? :p If seriously, there is no way you can protect/encrypt iwd files, you can though store your gsc scripts outside of any iwd's so they won't be downloaded.

Mariusz
13th October 2017, 20:11
Yes someone has the same scripts files as me. Now, I suggest you to understand.

voron00
13th October 2017, 20:29
I don't...exactly understand your question. Again, if you want to protect your iwd contents - there is no way you can do it. If you want to protect your scripts - just store them outside of iwd files and make sure you got the latest libcod to defend against the directory traversal bug.

Mariusz
13th October 2017, 20:35
Sorry, but now you have to understand me, I have no idea what is the latest libcode.
All that time I worked on packages, not on scripts. Yeah, really...

the_law
14th October 2017, 22:52
So did you put your .gsc files in the iwd's? I don't quite understand what you're trying to say.

Mariusz
15th October 2017, 09:01
No, I did not. Nevertheless I worry about iwd files, when someone is only waiting I'll finish my work.

maxdamage99
15th October 2017, 11:40
The client must have on his side the same files as the server.
You can confuse files (menus, models, anims, musics etc.) in .iwd, which will complicate the search for your "innovations".

Mariusz
15th October 2017, 14:58
Yes, I also thought about changing names of scrypts and the name of gametype or something like that.
A lot of work, maybe not worth it.