PDA

View Full Version : Unpure client detected

serthy
12th November 2016, 14:42
Hey,

I try to help ppl setting up their new mod using libcod.

Up until now, their mod was zpam + some nofx stuff directly in main.

Now I start the server with +fs_game "cod2_mods/UdSSR/UdSSR_server_1"
Where the UdSSR_1.iwd is

With sv_pure 1 I got the unpure client detected error, up until i cleaned my main folder.

Is there a way to get rid of this error (with sv_pure enabled), as i dont want to force others to clean their cod2 (as alot of them do not how to)?

(If it is related, currently fastdownload is disabled, so server download is on)

Ni3ls
12th November 2016, 14:45
Impure means that for example you are missing menus which are precached or images etc. In other words, if your mod is not complete it will look for other mods in the main folder and you get the error

qwerty
12th November 2016, 15:10
Don't use the server download instead of the fastdownload, the sv_allowDownload must be 0. If it's 1 with q3dirtrav easy to download almost everything from the server e.g the passwd file or config files. Those can contain passwords as plain text.

IzNoGoD
12th November 2016, 16:06
Don't use the server download instead of the fastdownload, the sv_allowDownload must be 0. If it's 1 with q3dirtrav easy to download almost everything from the server e.g the passwd file or config files. Those can contain passwords as plain text.

Not if you use libcod.

Still, what ni3ls says is correct. Connect to your server with a cleaned-up main then check the client's console for missing files. Add those to your iwd.