PDA

View Full Version : [COD1] Changing renderer through assembly?

keso
19th October 2016, 23:59
Hi!

Recently noticed there's a custom patch out for COD4 (cod4x or patch 1.8) which adds/fixes some functionality for server and client etc.
I got inspired by it and a couple of questions popped up in my head:

Is it possible to do something similar but for example give COD1 true widescreen support?

Wanna know the potential of something like this before I give it a go.

Thanks in advance!

IzNoGoD
20th October 2016, 00:16
You mean like this?

http://www.wsgf.org/dr/call-duty

kung foo man
20th October 2016, 04:12
Is it possible to do something similar but for example give COD1 true widescreen support?

If you intend to go down to the bits 'n bytes level, the only limit is your combination of skill and motivation. ^^

And learning C or Assembler will always be a useful tool for future programming stuff.

keso
20th October 2016, 13:51
You mean like this?

http://www.wsgf.org/dr/call-duty

The problem with that method is that it cuts of bottom and top part of the screen, hence why I want true widescreen :)

IzNoGoD
20th October 2016, 14:10
The problem with that method is that it cuts of bottom and top part of the screen, hence why I want true widescreen :)

That requires changing FOV, which is considered cheating on a lot of servers. You can work around it a bit, or have the server set your client's fov cvar.

keso
20th October 2016, 18:46
That requires changing FOV, which is considered cheating on a lot of servers. You can work around it a bit, or have the server set your client's fov cvar.

Still not true widescreen. Just cuts off parts of the screen, unlike true widescreen where you gain vision compared to 4:3.

I will look into it but last time I checked doing r_mode -1 and changing resolution to 16:9 makes vertical/horizontal mouse sensitivity scale differently which is an indication that it indeed is not actual widescreen.

keso
22nd October 2016, 12:44
nvm what I said, it is actually true widescreen :) just did some testing!