PDA

View Full Version : [COD1] setText without precache?

keso
2nd October 2016, 19:30
Hi

Is it in any shape or form possible to call text to hud in COD1 without precaching and without libcod?

I'm basically looking to call for clientname and get it to show on a hud element:

setText(player.name);

Any help appreciated!

Thanks, keso!

IzNoGoD
2nd October 2016, 20:28
Idk if hud setplayernamestring(player); is available for cod1. Aside from that, libcod or codextended ftw.

keso
2nd October 2016, 20:29
setplayernamestring only for cod2 and beyond :(

keso
2nd October 2016, 20:30
any way to get libcod going on win pc for cod1?

kung foo man
2nd October 2016, 20:51
Just forget the windows thingy and only aim for linux server, that will save you a lot of brainfuckery. Either rent a cheapish VPS or install linux in VMWare/VirtualBox

A quick google search for "codextended G_FindConfigstringIndex" has no hopeful results, hence I guess php doesnt seem to have it implemented in codextended, neither it is in libcod (only for version CoD2 1.0 1.2 1.3).

So you would either find somebody willing to implement it or you learn it yourself (the latter will make you less dependent, hint hint)

https://killtube.org/showthread.php?2087-Tutorial-settext()-without-precaching

keso
2nd October 2016, 20:59
I know how to do it using CoDExtend ;)

will have to set up a linux server once my new case arrives!

Im pretty noob when it comes to these things but if I've understood it correctly codextend wont mess with versionchecks or anything like that? I.e people playing on your libcod server wont have to download the libs etc themselves?

kung foo man
2nd October 2016, 21:39
Yup, players don't need to install anything at all, it's all just server-side

GL with ya new case lol

IzNoGoD
2nd October 2016, 22:11
well, afaik codextended does push a client modification to the clients, but it should be fully automated.