PDA

View Full Version : Using Custom AI types and weapon files - AI not shooting

the_law
20th June 2016, 16:08
Hey guys,

I was trying to work on a new singleplayer mission in CoD2 with custom AI using CoD4 models and custom weapon files (basically it's not replacing existing CoD2 weapons like a lot of other weapon mods). I made sure to precache everything and the AI files seem fine to me, but when I run the level I get the error shown in the below screenshot. If I run the mission with /developer 0, the level starts but the AI look like they're constantly reloading and they can't shoot; however, they can melee me. I guess is that this has something to do with the weapon files since I didn't make any changes to animscripts.gsc, but I'm not quite sure where the root of the problem is.
Then again, this community is mostly MP modding-based, but at this point I'm just trying my best to look for the slightest hint.

kung foo man
21st June 2016, 02:58
Can you upload some .iwd to reproduce this? I did SP modding just a few times, but I would try around a bit.

the_law
24th June 2016, 10:59
Sorry, I'll get back to this topic in a couple weeks. I'm on vacation ans I don't have my laptop with me.

milepunta
24th June 2016, 17:26
just go to line 31 and see error

the_law
11th July 2016, 05:26
Almost forgot about this thread.
Anyway, I'm stupid. Can't believe I overlooked something as simple as this:

To fix, I just gotta add lines to define certain variables needed to play the npc anims for my custom weapons. Problem solved.

Ni3ls
11th July 2016, 10:01
Keep us updated about this mod please :)