PDA

View Full Version : Ares-Servers Hosting

indyda
28th May 2016, 04:17
Hey guys! I'm pretty happy to announce that we just launched a new server hosting company called Ares-Servers. We have a variety of games over at https://ares-servers.com including CoD1, CoD UO, CoD2, CoD4, Minecraft! Our mission is simple- providing cheapest prices with the best personal support and gaming experience.

Our current locations for servers are New Jersey, US and Paris, France! We also provide a game panel for each client with ability to handle and monitor the servers and even back them up for extra security! All our billings are automated and servers will be automatically created when the first payment is received. We can also provide Big Brother Bot for those who require it for extra $2 a month. Thanks to all the contributors of Libcod, our CoD2 servers also utilizes the Libcod modifications and extensions for a better service at no cost.

If you guys are interested, the prices are extremely cheap currently so make sure to check out all the games at https://ares-servers.com/games

Feel free to ask any questions or provide any suggestions! :D

Mitch
28th May 2016, 09:42
The website looks very nice with the bootstrap framework.
The prices are indeed cheap and processed by PayPal.

Maybe you could add the payment options on a FAQ page or on the home page.

CoD2: 64 slots 8 USD
CoD4: 32 slots 7 USD, 48 slots 9 USD, 64 slots 12 USD

How many servers run on one dedicated server?

Edit: is it possible to switch from patch 1.3 to 1.2 or 1.0?
Edit 2: do you have a demo server running one or both locations?

indyda
28th May 2016, 17:46
The website looks very nice with the bootstrap framework.
The prices are indeed cheap and processed by PayPal.

Maybe you could add the payment options on a FAQ page or on the home page.

CoD2: 64 slots 8 USD
CoD4: 32 slots 7 USD, 48 slots 9 USD, 64 slots 12 USD

How many servers run on one dedicated server?

Edit: is it possible to switch from patch 1.3 to 1.2 or 1.0?
Edit 2: do you have a demo server running one or both locations?

Thanks for the suggestions! Server prices should be displayed when you hover over the games in home page or the games tab.

On US dedicated server, we can handle at most ~5-6 servers ( we plan to upgrade this dedicated server next very soon ). On the FR dedicated server, we can handle ~10-15 servers ( maybe even more ).

Switching from patch to patch automatically is currently not a possibility, but if you wish to downgrade to a different version, we'll gladly set it up. In the near future, it will be added though ( hopefully tomorrow ).

I have put up demo servers on both locations for CoD2 so check them out at these IPs:
US- ares-servers.com:27900
FR- fr.ares-servers.com:27900

CoD1 Demo Servers:
US- ares-servers.com:28960
FR- fr.ares-servers.com:28960

CoD4 Demo Server:
US- ares-servers.com:28981

CoDUO Demo Server:
ares-servers.com:28910

IzNoGoD
28th May 2016, 18:10
Seems like your FR location is hosted in roubaix, france by OVH. I'm guessing you're using a soyoustart.com server for it. Unless you overload it, it should be nice. Keep in mind though that if you're using the OVH GAME range, they dont provide ddos protection for cod2/cod4 servers specifically, so during a ddos you might experience some packetloss.

Your USA location seems to be in colocrossing, buffalo, NY. The CC network has been shit for many years but they have improved it quite a bit over the past month or so. Should be at least OK now.

Please keep in mind that all games you're hosting are cpu-limited and not ram-limited. Dont overload your cpu please.

indyda
28th May 2016, 18:38
Seems like your FR location is hosted in roubaix, france by OVH. I'm guessing you're using a soyoustart.com server for it. Unless you overload it, it should be nice. Keep in mind though that if you're using the OVH GAME range, they dont provide ddos protection for cod2/cod4 servers specifically, so during a ddos you might experience some packetloss.

Your USA location seems to be in colocrossing, buffalo, NY. The CC network has been shit for many years but they have improved it quite a bit over the past month or so. Should be at least OK now.

Please keep in mind that all games you're hosting are cpu-limited and not ram-limited. Dont overload your cpu please.

Our France server is a Kimsufi server which is DDoS protected in general and has unlimited DDoS protection, pretty nice so far.

However, our USA server is located in New Jersey and it's decent for the price, but definitely requires an upgrade soon. The server network is very stable though with already over 100 days of uptime.

Yep, we'll definitely have to watch the CPU usage for these games especially! Thanks!

indyda
2nd June 2016, 03:02
Alright, got few updates here for CoD2 specifically. Everything is setup for downgrades for CoD2 which means clients will have the option to downgrade to 1.2 or 1.0.

CoD2 Prices have been revamped to provide lower slots options. Prices are as follows:
- 32 slots: $4.99
- 48 slots: $6.99
- 64 slots: $7.99

Let us know if you have any questions or any other suggestions! :D

IzNoGoD
6th June 2016, 18:59
Warning to everyone wanting to rent here: The WHMCS (billing panel) used is a cracked version. Not authorized by WHMCS. Check https://www.whmcs.com/members/verifydomain.php

indyda
6th June 2016, 19:22
Warning to everyone wanting to rent here: The WHMCS (billing panel) used is a cracked version. Not authorized by WHMCS. Check https://www.whmcs.com/members/verifydomain.php

Yes, currently we are using a cracked version of WHMCS. Why? Simply put, server hosting is a big risk and a huge step forward for us from being regular players. The competition in this market is extreme and even the costs and time it takes to maintain dedicated servers is challenging. With limited resources and money to provide best services to our customers, we had to commit to using the cracked version for limited time until we grow further as a business.

As we grow, we do plan on buying a licensed version ( hopefully very soon ) and even paying for the time we used the cracked version.

YuriJurek
7th June 2016, 00:52
I say this nigga is a master of excuses :xD

filthy_freak_
7th June 2016, 03:28
Yes, currently we are using a cracked version of WHMCS. Why? Simply put, server hosting is a big risk and a huge step forward for us from being regular players. The competition in this market is extreme and even the costs and time it takes to maintain dedicated servers is challenging. With limited resources and money to provide best services to our customers, we had to commit to using the cracked version for limited time until we grow further as a business.

As we grow, we do plan on buying a licensed version ( hopefully very soon ) and even paying for the time we used the cracked version.

TLDR: Am broke, so I use that as justification for breaking the law.

Also you should stop with the "We". Pretty sure it's a one man operation here.

And if I were you, i'd make sure your servers hold out well against DDoS attacks as they are a very common occurrence with gameserver hosts.

indyda
7th June 2016, 06:52
TLDR: Am broke, so I use that as justification for breaking the law.

Also you should stop with the "We". Pretty sure it's a one man operation here.

And if I were you, i'd make sure your servers hold out well against DDoS attacks as they are a very common occurrence with gameserver hosts.

Nah, the "we" comes from the fact that there is a team of three ;). Yes, DDoS attacks can be a huge threat and we are definitely taking safety measures at the moment to ensure a DDoS-free service. Thanks!

P.S. - License for WHMCS is in progress ( already paid for ) and will be setup soon! While our 1 week use of cracked version can't be perfectly justified, it is only fair that we purchase the license before we hit the ground running. No excuses for it; we made a mistake and resolved it before it became a bigger issue :D

IzNoGoD
9th November 2016, 21:55
Bumping this thread to note that these guys are now indeed running a valid whmcs license. Good job.

Haven't tried the service though, cannot comment on that.