PDA

View Full Version : Graphics problem

Loveboy
1st February 2016, 19:02
Hey guys, my friend need some help, he built an own PC and installed all drivers (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB). All worked fine, but as he restarted Windows, all games began to lagg and Windows Aero was deactivated.
As he reinstalled the NVIDIA driver, all worked again (Windows Aero and all games) but on restart all began to lagg again.
I never had such problem, so he need some help.

Mitch
2nd February 2016, 10:59
Which Windows version? If Windows 10 try disabling automatic driver updates.

Also look in device manager after reboot.

Loveboy
2nd February 2016, 17:47
He is using Windows 7 64 Bit Pro, we are just trying again to reinstall Windows.

Mitch
2nd February 2016, 19:41
He is using Windows 7 64 Bit Pro, we are just trying again to reinstall Windows.
Does the cpu have it own integrated videocard?
Are you using the latest GPU drivers?
Also try to reboot the PC after each driver install.
Are you installing drivers from Windows update or from nvidia.com and intel.com?

Loveboy
2nd February 2016, 19:51
No, the CPU does not have an own integrated video card, we just reinstalled Windows and installed the newest NVIDIA driver (first from Driver CD, then by downloading from the NVIDA site). Still same problem, he tries to install all Windows Updates.

Edit: Device Manager does show that NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 is connected. Is it a problem that he is using his Laptop HDD in which is Windows installed?

IzNoGoD
2nd February 2016, 20:59
You might have to run the intel inf update utility if you're using an intel-based system

Loveboy
2nd February 2016, 21:09
He is not using an Intel system, but I will try to update everything (BIOS Update etc.) tomorrow

Loveboy
3rd February 2016, 17:09
Problem is fixed, all does work again. He looked up for All in 1 AMD Driver for this mainboard and installed it.
I thought the mainboard CD drivers is already including every single driver which must be installed.

Many thanks :)

Loveboy
5th February 2016, 12:57
Unfortunately, after 2 days, the same problem appeared again.
We installed all drivers of the mainboards driver website and it still won't work :confused:

filthy_freak_
6th February 2016, 01:31
Which motherboard model & CPU model?

Mitch
6th February 2016, 09:16
When you start the computer does it say 'Setup is preparing your computer for first use'?

http://helpdeskgeek.com/help-desk/fix-setup-is-preparing-your-computer-for-first-use-on-every-reboot/

Loveboy
6th February 2016, 13:30
Mainboard: Asrock 980de3/u3s3
CPU: AMD FX 6300 3,5GHz
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 4GB Gaming G1
Power Supply: RealPower RP600

He is not getting this message