PDA

View Full Version : Graphic crash

Loveboy
26th September 2015, 13:14
Hello Guys,
I have got a problem:
I have just changed my bios options to OC (Overclock) mode. After 10 minutes I have just changed to normal mode (also restored default settings) and then restarted my PC. After logging in in Windows, 10 secounds later, I will get a blackscreen. My PC is still on, but I have got a blackscreen.

I have just read on some forums that the graphic driver is a problem. I have restarted my pc to save mode and there was no crash. Then I deinstalled the graphic driver. Still no crash. After installing again the driver, the crash appears again. I also tried to install an older versions. Can someone help me to fix this problem?

Tally
26th September 2015, 13:21
Hello Guys,
I have got a problem:
I have just changed my bios options to OC (Overclock) mode. After 10 minutes I have just changed to normal mode (also restored default settings) and then restarted my PC. After logging in in Windows, 10 secounds later, I will get a blackscreen. My PC is still on, but I have got a blackscreen.

I have just read on some forums that the graphic driver is a problem. I have restarted my pc to save mode and there was no crash. Then I deinstalled the graphic driver. Still no crash. After installing again the driver, the crash appears again. I also tried to install an older versions. Can someone help me to fix this problem?

Sounds like your graphics card settings in the Bios have changed when you overclocked it and has changed to your on-board graphics. Check to make sure your primary graphics card is selected in the Bios, and that your PCI-e slot is the one selected.

Loveboy
26th September 2015, 19:33
I've just Restore Default Settings and loaded optimized defaults, because I am not sure how to check primary grapic is selected in PCI-e.
My mainboard is MSI-970A-G43

Tally
27th September 2015, 09:29
I've just Restore Default Settings and loaded optimized defaults, because I am not sure how to check primary grapic is selected in PCI-e.
My mainboard is MSI-970A-G43

If you don't know, watch some Youtube tutorials on it. That's how I learnt. No one can do it for you because we can't come round to your house. You will have to get your brain in gear and do it yourself.

Loveboy
8th October 2015, 16:13
My Graphic Driver was the mistake. As a new driver was published, I uninstalled my graphic driver and installed the new.
I think my old graphic driver didn't uninstalled correctly, so it bugged with the new graphic driver.
I couldn't uninstall my new graphic driver, so I have just reset Windows. It just took 30 minutes to install all programs back (+1h 30min for GTA V).
Weird.

filthy_freak_
9th October 2015, 04:25
Next time if you wish to properly uninstall your drivers without reinstalling Windows, download Driver Sweeper.

Mitch
9th October 2015, 21:14
There is also a bootable disk that can fix your drivers.
It is called Paragon Adaptive Restore.
I needed it after swapping a motherboard without cleaning the drivers first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/292068-make-windows-7-bootable-after-motherboard-swap.html