PDA

View Full Version : CoD4-style "gold" possible in CoD2?

the_law
19th August 2015, 20:01
Hi guys,

If you have played CoD4, chances are that you have seen a golden weapon (most likely a gold desert eagle). Now, there have been several attempts in the past to port the golden desert eagle's model to CoD2. In my case, I am attempting to port a golden AK47. The problem with both of these ports is that the "gold" effect you see in CoD4 isn't there in CoD2.

According to this site: http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php?title=Call_of_Duty:_Texturing
The specular colour map actually controls the "gold" shine, and the cosine power map is what controls the shininess. I've tried it with the gold AK47 textures from CoD4, to no avail.

IzNoGoD
19th August 2015, 22:42
Did you try in direct X 9 mode with dynamic lights set to extra?

the_law
20th August 2015, 03:02
Doesn't seem to work for me.

Tally
20th August 2015, 09:06
What Asset Manager settings are you using?

the_law
21st August 2015, 18:17
Alright, here's my settings:

Tally
21st August 2015, 18:55
On both the Specular Map and the Cosine Map, you need to change some settings:

No tile
Auto Filter needs to be set to bilinear
Auto Compression needs to be set to DXT5

I still don't think you can do it exactly like in COd4, because they changed the engine for very shiny skins. COD2 doesn't have a 2 x Bilinear setting, which is the one that gives skins that very shiny look.

the_law
22nd August 2015, 02:07
Bummer :(
At least I can now tint the reflection color, which still means I can perhaps make an attempt at doing a more realistic gold texture in CoD2. Thanks for the help!