PDA

View Full Version : New graphic card

Loveboy
12th August 2015, 17:56
Hello Guys,
I bought yesterday a new graphic card. My old graphic card is
Palit NE5X75TT1341F GeForce GTX 750Ti StormX Dual.
Now I have a new graphic card:
Asus Radeon R9290 DirectCU II OC 4GB.
As I opened this, I just thought: OMG! What a monster! Maybe it's too big for my PC.
Luckly it wasn't too big for my PC. The (power) cable for the graphic card was too short. I had a longer cable.
After staring my PC, I installed the drivers from the disk. Then I updated all drivers.
I have just tested some games like CoD Ghosts and GTA V. And it's still laggy like my old graphic card.
I know that this graphic card has much more performance than my old one.
AMD has a Catalyst Control Center (CCC). There I can perform my graphic card. But I am not sure how to do this correctly.

So, can maybe someone help me to improve my graphic card performance?

Thank you.

IzNoGoD
12th August 2015, 18:13
Are you sure you're using your card and not your integrated gpu?

Also: what cpu do you have?

Loveboy
12th August 2015, 18:44
I am sure that I am using my card and not my integrated.

My CPU is: AMD FX 8350

Mitch
12th August 2015, 19:20
I am sure that I am using my card and not my integrated.

My CPU is: AMD FX 8350

Can you post a screenshot of the graphics settings in the games that are laggy?

Edit: have you rebooted your PC since you updated the drivers?
Edit 2: Which drivers are you using? From Asus or AMD?
https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/R9290DC2OC4GD5/HelpDesk_Download/

Loveboy
12th August 2015, 19:27
GTA V laggs for me 3-4%, because I am play with Very High graphic settings.

If I play Ghosts with Very High graphic settings, then it laggs more than 20%. And the graphic still looks shit.

Edit: I played Black Ops II (with my old graphic card) with medium settings. I had around 160 FPS. With my new graphic card (all graphic settings to Extra) now around 200 FPS. That's a big change.

Tally
12th August 2015, 20:23
The GTX 750 is actually the poorest card in the 700 range:

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=GeForce+GTX+750+Ti

If you look at those benchmarks, you will see that a GTX 680 does better, with the 750 10th in a list of 10 cards. It's a great value card for a reason! Nobody buys it because it isn't very good.

I suggest that you lower your resolution in both games to 720p, and turn off shadows (that is a killer for any graphics card - including a GTX Titan). Try it from there. If it is still laggy, try turning the textures down to medium.

Loveboy
12th August 2015, 20:29
Yea, but my new graphic card is a R9 290. The graphic of GTA V is fantastic with only 3-4% laggs. But I don't understand why Ghosts has a bad graphic and laggs.

Tally
12th August 2015, 21:27
Yea, but my new graphic card is a R9 290. The graphic of GTA V is fantastic with only 3-4% laggs. But I don't understand why Ghosts has a bad graphic and laggs.

Ghosts is a notoriously bad console port. It is not optimised at all well for PC. The forums have been awash with people complaining about it. I have 2 x GTX 980s and I still can't have shadows on and extra textures. It lags too much. It is all right for single player, but not for multiplayer. So, do what I suggested - turn off shadows and run in 720p.