PDA

View Full Version : Program that checks background programs etc

Ni3ls
22nd June 2015, 13:28
Hi all,

Sometimes all of a sudden my laptop is running very slowly. It will be a lot warmer than before. When i play cod2 I get stable 125 fps and then boom... 12 fps. I wait sometime and i get 125 fps again. I already cleaned my fan. This improved it a bit, but still not perfect. Is there a way to monitor everything that is going on in my pc? So for example, I run the program and do all the usually things and get the drops. After that I can see some logfile where everything is monitored, like programs running, heat etc?

kung foo man
22nd June 2015, 13:41
Hmm, first things first, did you check Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc on new Windows systems) and sort by CPU? Maybe constantly watch on a 2nd screen.

A better alternative might be "Process Explorer": https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx

Mitch
22nd June 2015, 14:25
Hi all,

Sometimes all of a sudden my laptop is running very slowly. It will be a lot warmer than before. When i play cod2 I get stable 125 fps and then boom... 12 fps. I wait sometime and i get 125 fps again. I already cleaned my fan. This improved it a bit, but still not perfect. Is there a way to monitor everything that is going on in my pc? So for example, I run the program and do all the usually things and get the drops. After that I can see some logfile where everything is monitored, like programs running, heat etc?

I get a fps drop in CoD2 after a while when i'm running the power saver power plan.

Here is a english task manager. You can use the resource monitor for more advanced filtering.