PDA

View Full Version : Convert cod4 animation to cod2

filthy_freak_
17th June 2015, 11:04
It seems impossible to find a copy of Maya 6 these days. Could someone do me a huge favour and convert cod4's pb_sprint animation to cod2 for me?

I have already successfully changed CoD2's animations so it will display the new custom animation while sprinting;
http://i.imgur.com/gJzKgfA.gif

My only troubles have come from converting the animation. Toms xanim utils will bug when converting to CoD2 so that is not an option.

Mitch
17th June 2015, 11:22
It seems impossible to find a copy of Maya 6 these days. Could someone do me a huge favour and convert cod4's pb_sprint animation to cod2 for me?

I have already successfully changed CoD2's animations so it will display the new custom animation while sprinting;

My only troubles have come from converting the animation. Toms xanim utils will bug when converting to CoD2 so that is not an option.

There is a new community-made plugin available for Maya 2012 - 2014.
http://ugx-mods.com/wiki/index.php?title=Maya_2012-2014_Xmodel_and_Xanim_Export_Tool

the_law
17th June 2015, 18:13
I've tried converting cod4's pb_sprint_pistol for him. I've tried many of the possible settings, but I really have no idea which asset manager settings to use.

Here's the ones I've tried so far:
-delta, no Usebones, looping
-delta, UseBones, looping
-relative, no UseBones, looping
-relative, UseBones, looping

None of them seem to work correctly for our purposes. When UseBones is checked, the upper torso is tucked lower into the body, and the arms are slightly out of place. Also, the whole character is positioned too low (ends up below the ground).
When UseBones is unchecked, the character is positioned correctly above the ground and everything seems to be in the right place, except the character looks like a giraffe (limbs and neck are ridiculously long).

I've decompiled the cod2 pb_sprint anim, and Tom's Xanim Exporter tells me that it was compiled with type mp_torso. I've tried using that setting in Asset Manager, but it pops up the following error:

I've tried looking around and no such file exists, even after a full re-install of CoD2 and the Mod Tools. If anyone can find a workaround for this problem, it would be nice :D

EDIT: forgot to fix the mg_characterrig thing after reinstalling the mod tools and taking this screenshot. Fixed it, but I still have the problem with the "torso" file.

filthy_freak_
17th June 2015, 20:10
I wouldn't trust what Tom's xanim utils tells you with cod2. For example, it also says looping is disabled which is wrong. Loading cod4's pb_sprint shows the correct settings.

If I were to guess, these are the correct settings to use in Asset Manager based on what I saw in cod4_sprint_pistol.xanim_export;

Filename: cod4_sprint_pistol.XANIM_EXPORT
Model: base_character\base_character.XMODEL_EXPORT
Looping: Yes
useBones: Yes
Type: delta
node: Joints

I still don't know why the character is sunk into the ground though. Perhaps it's a problem with the xanim_export file? Need to see another one for a CoD2 character animation so I can compare. Or maybe someone who knows can sift through it for us and check for any issues.

hoek
17th June 2015, 20:59
I think the problem is "j_mainroot" bone. When you import a *.tanim file in Maya the "j_mainroot" bone goes to the origin (Translate Z is about 0) and when you try it in cod2 the character is in the ground