PDA

View Full Version : Big problem with my computer

Loveboy
14th February 2015, 14:45
Hello guys,
I have got a big problem with my computer: I want to install
Windows 7 (by USB), but setup won't start. USB is already boot-able and
I booted the USB by BIOS, but as I tried to boot it, I'm getting back to BIOS.
Have anybody got an idea how to fix it?

Thank you!

Mitch
14th February 2015, 15:04
Hello guys,

Thank you!

What kind of USB are you using? Sometimes they need additional drivers (mostly newer USB devices).

Loveboy
14th February 2015, 15:07
With the current USB I'm using I already installed 3 times Windows, but it won't work with my current computer

guiismiti
14th February 2015, 15:10
I tried to install windows 7 in my mother's computer, which has windows 8, and it wouldn't work either... I tried boot-able USB and DVD, also tried to start the installer from windows 8 (it works when I do it on 7), nothing works. I really have no idea of what's wrong.

Tally
14th February 2015, 15:12
Hello guys,

Thank you!

Have you set the USB to be the 1st device to boot in BIOS? Basically, you have to plug your USB in, go into BIOS, set it as the primary boot device, and reboot, and it will go into setup from there.

As you boot the USB, look out for any error messages saying you are missing a device driver. This is the commonest error when trying to install from a USB and is easily fixed.

Another common problem is, if you are clean reinstalling Windows, and your machine has a recovery partition, delete the recovery partition before attempting to reinstall.

Loveboy
14th February 2015, 15:14
Did already... Still won't work ;(

Tally
14th February 2015, 15:19
Did already... Still won't work ;(

Why don't you try the DVD method? Is there are reason for not downloading a boot version of Windows 7 and creating an install DVD? I'll direct you to this useful thread:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/248995/how-to-install-windows-7-without-the-disc.html?null

1. download the legitimate version of Windows 7 from the links provided;

2. Burn the disc at 16x. DO NOT BURN IT ANY FASTER! Install discs need to be burnt at very minimal speeds otherwise it creates problems.

3. Put the newly created disc in the drive, boot into BIOS, set the DVD as primary drive, then reboot into setup.

4. Install Windows!

kung foo man
14th February 2015, 15:23
Did you try out all the Bios options regarding USB? Enable Boot from USB, set it as 1st boot device and such.

If it really won't work, build in a DVD device (or USB DVD for < 20 € from Ebay) or install Win 7 on the harddisc with your other PC. The drivers will update automatically I guess, when you build it back into this PC.

Loveboy
14th February 2015, 15:23
Haven't got a DVD. (lol)

Here are 2 screenshots...

Edit: if I try to boot the usb, nothing will happen

Tally
14th February 2015, 15:28
That is showing you have the BIOS (UEFI) set as the primary drive.

Loveboy
14th February 2015, 15:30
So what to do now?

Tally
14th February 2015, 15:31
Also, disable FAST BOOT.

Tally
14th February 2015, 15:32
So what to do now?

Well, it looks like it isn't recognising your USB as a boot device. This indicates a driver problem. You will need to re-do the USB Flash drive options, or choose to do it by DVD as I suggested above. I prefer the DVD method precisely for these reasons.

Tally
14th February 2015, 15:33
I just saw the BIOS option to create a new boot option:

ADD NEW BOOT OPTION

Choose that and see what it gives you.

Tally
14th February 2015, 15:36
While we are on the subject of reinstalls, I will point out this excellent site:

http://www.win7productkeys.org/

I have used that site many times, and I will vouch for its genuineness. It is one of the cheapest places to get a Windows product key from. Windows 8.1 Pro for $39.99. You can't go wrong.

Loveboy
14th February 2015, 15:54
btw first i want to install it...

Adding new Boot option didn't helped me

Tally
14th February 2015, 16:02
btw first i want to install it...

Adding new Boot option didn't helped me

Sounds like you're stuffed then, doesn't it?

Loveboy
14th February 2015, 16:14
Incredible, I am really dead. ;(

Tally
14th February 2015, 16:18
Incredible, I am really dead. ;(

Maybe if you explained what's going on instead of "it dont work", then maybe we can help. But your second-to-last post was idiotic. Saying it "didn't help" you isn't very informative and there is nothing anyone can do with a no-info statement like that.

Loveboy
14th February 2015, 16:28
So, I already tried to use 2 USB, no one of them worked. They are boot-able and I need help to add a new boot option.

Tally
14th February 2015, 16:45
So, I already tried to use 2 USB, no one of them worked. They are boot-able and I need help to add a new boot option.

What information have you provided about the options in "add new boot option"? Answer: none at all. So, how can we help you?

I suggest you find some money and get a professional to do it for you. You are clearly not ready for self-build.

IzNoGoD
14th February 2015, 17:20
i sent you this tutorial already via xfire, but you didnt read the part about the efi files:

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/15458-uefi-bootable-usb-flash-drive-create-windows.html

Basically, microsoft screwed up their efi files on the win7 iso. Win8 has proper efi boot files, but win7 does not.

Make sure to extract the files from install.wim using 7zip.

Mitch
14th February 2015, 17:20
That is showing you have the BIOS (UEFI) set as the primary drive.

That is must be the problem. When the installation of the USB isn't UEFI then it doesn't boot.
Disable fast boot and enable CSM.

Tally
14th February 2015, 17:29
i sent you this tutorial already via xfire, but you didnt read the part about the efi files:

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/15458-uefi-bootable-usb-flash-drive-create-windows.html

Basically, microsoft screwed up their efi files on the win7 iso. Win8 has proper efi boot files, but win7 does not.

Make sure to extract the files from install.wim using 7zip.

Ah! That makes sense now. I was wondering why it wouldn't boot. Personally, I've never used the USB method, and when you burn the Win7 ISO to DVD, the boot options are there.

Loveboy
14th February 2015, 17:54
I probably fucked up you guys, so I am sorry about that.
I ran to the shop and bought some DVD's. And then I realized, that the file is not correctly downloaded (LOL).
All files are damaged (bootmgr). The DVD's are not usefull now. I think it will work now with USB (if not I will use DVD).
Thank you that you gave tips for me. ;)