PDA

View Full Version : Animation exporting error

the_law
11th January 2015, 21:44
Whenever I try to export an xanim using CoD2's asset manager, I get this error:

Can anyone tell me how to solve this?
I don't seem to have the file mentioned in the error message.

Ni3ls
11th January 2015, 22:11
You are trying to convert the file mg_characterrig.xmodel_export. This is the file you made yourself?

the_law
12th January 2015, 16:55
I was trying to take the source .XMODEL_EXPORT files for the .357 magnum from the CoD WaW mod tools, and export them into CoD2.

Tally
12th January 2015, 17:06
I was trying to take the source .XMODEL_EXPORT files for the .357 magnum from the CoD WaW mod tools, and export them into CoD2.

That's why then. World at War has different bones from COD2. When you run an EXPORT file, particularly an XANIM_EXPORT file or CHARACTER_EXPORT file, the mod tools check against a list of parts classifications. If it finds a mis-match, it will invoke a default file - modelmismatch.csv which has the following error:

base_character\base_character.XMODEL_EXPORT,animat ion_rigs\mg42\mg_characterRig.XMODEL_EXPORT

This is the error message you got.

Now, let's compare the bones in COD2 with World at War:

COD2:

J_Hip_RI,right_leg_upper
J_Hip_LE,left_leg_upper
J_Knee_RI,right_leg_lower
J_Spine3,torso_lower
J_Spine2,torso_lower
J_Spine1,torso_lower
J_MainRoot,torso_lower
J_Knee_LE,left_leg_lower
J_Ankle_RI,right_foot
J_Ankle_LE,left_foot
J_Clavicle_RI,torso_upper
J_Clavicle_LE,torso_upper
J_Shoulder_RI,right_arm_upper
J_Shoulder_LE,left_arm_upper
J_Neck,neck
J_Head,head
J_Elbow_RI,right_arm_lower
J_Elbow_LE,left_arm_lower
J_Wrist_RI,right_hand
J_Wrist_LE,left_hand

World at War:

J_Hip_RI,right_leg_upper
J_Hip_LE,left_leg_upper
J_Knee_RI,right_leg_lower
J_SpineUpper,torso_lower
J_SpineLower,torso_lower
J_MainRoot,torso_lower
J_Knee_LE,left_leg_lower
J_Ankle_RI,right_foot
J_Ankle_LE,left_foot
J_Clavicle_RI,torso_upper
J_Clavicle_LE,torso_upper
J_Shoulder_RI,right_arm_upper
J_Shoulder_LE,left_arm_upper
J_Neck,neck
J_Head,head
J_Elbow_RI,right_arm_lower
J_Elbow_LE,left_arm_lower
J_Wrist_RI,right_hand
J_Wrist_LE,left_hand

You will note that the spine bones are named differently. So, the parts classification is not right, and hence why the default message appears.

If I were attempting this, I would get Blender and put in the COD Export plugins by CodeManX. Then, I would open the World at War EXPORT file in Blender, and then change the bone names/re-assign them. Then, re-export. Then, I would attempt to recompile the new xanim file and see if it works.

the_law
12th January 2015, 19:42
Ah, okay. Seems complicated, but I'll give it a try. Thanks for the advice.

the_law
12th January 2015, 23:23
Never mind, I found a much simpler solution. Turns out the modelmatch.csv provided with the CoD2 mod tools were wrong, there was a fixed version that I just downloaded. Thanks for the help anyway!

Ni3ls
13th January 2015, 09:29
Can you give us a link?

the_law
13th January 2015, 15:28
You can download them from this tutorial: http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php?title=Call_of_Duty_2:_Viewsleeves_Tutori al

The fixed code for the modelmatch.csv is in the readme.txt for one of the zip files (I can't remember which one).

Tally
13th January 2015, 17:07
You can download them from this tutorial: http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php?title=Call_of_Duty_2:_Viewsleeves_Tutori al

The fixed code for the modelmatch.csv is in the readme.txt for one of the zip files (I can't remember which one).

Got it - it is the 1st download (name "Local Download") on that page, and it has this info on the modelmismatch.csv file:

NOTE: to make your asset manager run correctly when creating xanim you have to modify one file - go to root cod2 folder, then to source_data folder and open there file called "modelmatch.csv", delete all text from it and paste into it this:

base_character\base_character.XMODEL_EXPORT

Looking at the info, base_character\base_character.XMODEL_EXPORT is the same as the info in modelmismatch.csv in the COD4/COD5 tools. So, that makes sense now.

I noted in that tutorial on the viewsleeves rig by SevenSniff, not one word of "thanks" to me for bringing the files back with me from my 1st visit to the IW studios in 2007 (for the launch of COD4). The developers forgot the files in the COD2 mod tools, and we desperately needed them for our mod projects. So, one of the first things I did when I met the developers was to get the files from them. I then posted them for release on the former official forums - IWNation.com. Given the fact that, had I not bothered, we wouldn't have been able to make viewsleeves at all, why no thanks to me?

the_law
13th January 2015, 21:12
Oh, I didn't know that. Cool!

Thanks Tally :D