I think this is good place to share mods
Here is one mod that im working on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jetV7qtc1qI

I'm started working on this mod 1 month ago
This video is just test
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/tmmodscommunity/

Ni3ls
23rd December 2014, 20:36
Wow amazing work! did you all made the weapons yourself?

Tally
23rd December 2014, 23:23
Wow amazing work! did you all made the weapons yourself?

No, he obviously ripped them from MW2 or MW3. That isn't the same as making the weapons yourself. Fact of the matter is, I lament the decline in genuine creativity in the COD modding community. All we see nowadays is people DX ripping models from other COD games and putting them in a previous game. When I grew up in the community, we had people actually making the weapons themselves. Check out the total conversion mods like REVOLT for COD1 or SWAT for COD1. All the weapons in those mods were created from scratch, by members of the mod team. THAT is REAL TALENT! Not running a program that does the work for you.

The real talent in the video above is the menu work. For that the creator gets a 10-out-of-10. That work obviously took time and talent. I don't rate model ripping any more because any bloody fool can do it. It is so easy, even noobs can do it within 5 minutes of getting hold of the program and running it.

Ni3ls
24th December 2014, 08:56
No, he obviously ripped them from MW2 or MW3. That isn't the same as making the weapons yourself. Fact of the matter is, I lament the decline in genuine creativity in the COD modding community. All we see nowadays is people DX ripping models from other COD games and putting them in a previous game. When I grew up in the community, we had people actually making the weapons themselves. Check out the total conversion mods like REVOLT for COD1 or SWAT for COD1. All the weapons in those mods were created from scratch, by members of the mod team. THAT is REAL TALENT! Not running a program that does the work for you.

The real talent in the video above is the menu work. For that the creator gets a 10-out-of-10. That work obviously took time and talent. I don't rate model ripping any more because any bloody fool can do it. It is so easy, even noobs can do it within 5 minutes of getting hold of the program and running it.

I know they are ripped. But all the animations are custom. You can't rip them.

Mitch
24th December 2014, 09:18
Some of the weapons are possibly made/ported by hoek.

https://www.youtube.com/user/jonnyhoek

Tally
24th December 2014, 09:22
I know they are ripped. But all the animations are custom. You can't rip them.

Yeah, you can rip the animations as well with Tom BMX's Lemon program. You start up MW2 or MW3; run Lemon; it lists all the animations; you save them to a folder as either an .OBJ or .MEL; You exit the game, and run either Maya, 3D Max, or if you worry about piracy like I do, you run Blender. Open the .OBJ, tweak the animation, then export as a XANIM_EXPORT. Compile with the COD mod tools.

Done!

Seriously, there is NO TALENT in doing this. It perhaps shows technical proficiency in running and mastering a program, but that is all. It is literally copy and pasting. I know some particularly daft people in the COD community that can do this, and they think they are God's gift to modding when they've done it. They don't even do anything new with the models. It is literally making a newer game run in an older engine. That is all. I really wish it would stop. I really wish we could get back to the days of creativity, when people were coming up with new ideas.

Ni3ls
24th December 2014, 10:48
Yeah, you can rip the animations as well with Tom BMX's Lemon program. You start up MW2 or MW3; run Lemon; it lists all the animations; you save them to a folder as either an .OBJ or .MEL; You exit the game, and run either Maya, 3D Max, or if you worry about piracy like I do, you run Blender. Open the .OBJ, tweak the animation, then export as a XANIM_EXPORT. Compile with the COD mod tools.

Done!

Seriously, there is NO TALENT in doing this. It perhaps shows technical proficiency in running and mastering a program, but that is all. It is literally copy and pasting. I know some particularly daft people in the COD community that can do this, and they think they are God's gift to modding when they've done it. They don't even do anything new with the models. It is literally making a newer game run in an older engine. That is all. I really wish it would stop. I really wish we could get back to the days of creativity, when people were coming up with new ideas.

Can you make a tutorial for that maybe?

maxdamage99
24th December 2014, 19:05
I've been watching your creativity on Youtube)
I admire))