PDA

View Full Version : windows 7 new installation

Rocky
19th November 2014, 12:29
Hey.
i need help with this when i open some file it open properties.

Someone know where is problem? Look images what it open when u press left click.

Thanks

Tally
19th November 2014, 12:46
You need to explain your problem better. No way can you tell what the problem is from those images.

Rocky
19th November 2014, 13:10
Hm.. when u press 2 time left click on some folder/document.. then it open properties,because u dont have permission to read that file.. understand?

Ni3ls
19th November 2014, 13:10
Dude photos of your screen?! hahahahaah

Rocky
19th November 2014, 13:11
So idk how to open any file on my pc because of that.. so i need use control on my pc,but idk how...
Ni3ls just installed windows,all is empty.. :)

serthy
19th November 2014, 13:15
try press your ALT key
this seems to happen alot of ppl, i have had this also some years ago

Mitch
19th November 2014, 13:18
When you click on your start menu and click on your account name. Does it say on this new screen that your account is an administrator account?

Like: http://res2.windows.microsoft.com/resbox/en/windows%207/main/68440ea7-68ec-4e2f-ad4f-b33006455983_56.jpg

Edit: do you mean this http://www.techulator.com/attachments/Resources/3895-292022-Windows-7-folder-access.jpg?
Edit 2: using your print screen button (prt sc) will give us better screenshots (paste them in paint for example). Or use Snipping Tool to make a image of a selection of your screen.
Edit 3: have you installed all the new Windows updates? (it might resolve whatever the problem is)

Rocky
19th November 2014, 13:58
Its administration account with all permission.. hmm.. but when i installed updates that come...it was working before updates

YuriJurek
19th November 2014, 15:50
If you haven't done anything unusual apart from installing updates then it seems to me like some of the windows files got corrupted during the installation of the updates and you need to either reinstall your system again or try using windows repair tools.

Have you maybe disconnected your power plug during installation of the updates?

Tally
19th November 2014, 16:30
A Google search (I searched "left key click opens properties") reveals that it is a common keyboard/mouse problem. Try this fix to unlock or reset your keyboards action configuration:

http://jbenisek.wordpress.com/2008/06/17/common-keyboard-mouse-issue-fix-left-click-opens-properties-or-right-click-options/

If that doesn't work, it may be your keyboard's ALT key (which you press to open properties with a right click of the mouse) is sticky. Try a different keyboard or clean your current one.

Mitch
19th November 2014, 16:59
If that doesn't work, it may be your keyboard's ALT key (which you press to open properties with a right click of the mouse) is sticky. Try a different keyboard or clean your current one.

The On-Screen Keyboard in Windows 8(.1) highlights a key when it is pushed. (it might do the same under win7)

Rocky
19th November 2014, 19:37
hm.. i fixed,some problems with keyboard.. thanks guys!

IzNoGoD
19th November 2014, 21:17
try press your ALT key
this seems to happen alot of ppl, i have had this also some years ago

Thanks for telling me the shortcut to properties of a file/folder :)