PDA

View Full Version : .NET Framework 4.0 + Windows 8.1

Ni3ls
27th October 2014, 17:49
Hi all,

I got a problem with Windows 8.1. In order to play MW3 I need .Net frame 4.0 running on my pc. However, 4.5.2 is integrated in Windows 8.1. I can't install 4.0 now because there's already a higher framework installed. I searched and searched and I can't find any solution. Is there a way to manually delete 4.5.2 and install 4.0?

Tally
27th October 2014, 18:41
I have Windows 8.1 and I can run MW3 fine. Why do you need a lower version to run it? Is it cracked or something?

Ni3ls
27th October 2014, 18:54
I have no idea. When I launch it says I need Framework 4.0 :/ Then I can be directed to MS framework website and download it. But when I install it gives the error that 4.5 already is installed. I will try a reinstall

Tally
27th October 2014, 19:36
I have no idea. When I launch it says I need Framework 4.0 :/ Then I can be directed to MS framework website and download it. But when I install it gives the error that 4.5 already is installed. I will try a reinstall

Sounds like your install isn't right. It launches through Steam; Steam always handles things like install packs. So, if I were you, I'd uninstall everything and start again.