PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty 2 BotZombies Mod help

sheamus17
14th June 2014, 02:41
I have recently found a BotZombies mod that my team and I enjoy playing on now a lower ping. The issue remains that this mod is mainly in Hungarian, and the damage on this certain mod for each weapon is weird. I need to find out how and where to change certain things (I have images with what needs to be changed) and where to edit the damage settings for each weapon. Here are the photos, I'd appreciate any help you may be able to give me. 716717

filthy_freak_
14th June 2014, 03:10
1. You have not linked "your" mod. How do you expect us to do anything without it?
2. Some things you want changed can't be edited because they are an image. In order to change it, we would have to make a custom image for you using Photoshop, and then import it into the game. Good luck finding someone to do that.
3. You shouldn't need help with such an easy task. Download Fileseek and use it to find what you want translated and do it yourself.

sheamus17
14th June 2014, 03:20
I apologize, I knew I had forgotten to like something.

I appreciate your help thusfar. I am sorry that I have not spent much time modding, as this is my first time.

filthy_freak_
14th June 2014, 04:08
I'm uploading the mod now. Will update when done.

sheamus17
14th June 2014, 04:25
Okay, thanks.

filthy_freak_
14th June 2014, 04:37
https://mega.co.nz/#!E9AiVaya

I have PMed you the key to download the file.

If I were you, I would remove your download link for the mod because it contains user passwords.

sheamus17
14th June 2014, 04:48
Thank you. Do you have any idea where the weapon damage editing is located? I used FileSeek but to no avail, I could not find it.

filthy_freak_
14th June 2014, 04:53
Open zzz_zlvl001.iwd using winrar. Then navigate to weapons\mp.

You will see weapon files for every weapon.

Open whichever one you want to edit using notepad. Press Ctrl + F and search for "damage".

If your using fileseek, make sure to extract every .iwd file into a separate folder so that the software can search those files as-well. It won't work if the files are not extracted.

Loveboy
14th June 2014, 07:43
Hello!
If you want to edit the mod, then I can tell you something:
Only experienced modders can edit the mod, because the mod is a bit complicated.
You can not find the damage in weapons/mp/weaponname_mp, but it is still editable and I will not tell you how.
Good Luck with editing this mod!

IzNoGoD
14th June 2014, 09:07
You are editting a mod which clearly has credits to the original creators in the hud. Removing these credits (as per your first post) is probably the worst possible thing you can do, as you are effectively claiming ownership of the mod which you did not create.

I will not help you with this and am calling out to my fellow scripters not to help you either until you give proper credit where credit is due.

Tally
14th June 2014, 11:14
What I would do if I were editing this mod is, create a new hud element to go where the original is, and give credit to the original creator there in English saying the original has been edited, but So-And-So was the original creator.

I think it's fine to edit mods as long as you give credit.

php
14th June 2014, 12:18
IMO giving credit is mandatory and doing not so makes you a huge cunt. When you're not going to make a huge impact on the changes of the mod (e.g only changing texts or images) which can be easily done you shouldn't even take credit because that's what most people do in first place to change them is to change the images/texts that point to the original author.

Mitch
14th June 2014, 13:16
I think this is same mod (I thought it contained almost only english)

Client iwd: http://zombienation.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/zombots/a.iwd

Ni3ls
15th June 2014, 15:07
This is not for public purpose. The hungarians sell their mod for money. I dont think you are allowed to share this mod

Mitch
15th June 2014, 16:46
This is not for public purpose. The hungarians sell their mod for money. I dont think you are allowed to share this mod

I never bought it. I found it somewhere. (no idea where)
Also this is a older version of the current mod they have.