PDA

View Full Version : script_brushmodel limit

Fristi
10th April 2014, 18:53
Hey all,

I'm currently making a map for Call of duty 2, patch 1.2
Map will be dynamic with walls that go up and down. The problem is I haven't tought about the cod2 crap engine limits.
Anyone who knows what is the limit for 1 map for script_brushmodels? I think I will have approx 70-100 walls...
Or is their any other way to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance,
Fristi

Mitch
10th April 2014, 19:02
Hey all,

I'm currently making a map for Call of duty 2, patch 1.2
Map will be dynamic with walls that go up and down. The problem is I haven't tought about the cod2 crap engine limits.
Anyone who knows what is the limit for 1 map for script_brushmodels? I think I will have approx 70-100 walls...
Or is their any other way to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance,
Fristi
With portals you can add more brush models in your map. (it will also improve fps)

The limit is:

script_brushmodel 256 or so (soft limit should be around 200, since at some point nades are invisible etc.)

IzNoGoD
10th April 2014, 20:02
Probably your gamestate will get too large

Max 256 visible entities afaik, with 1024 max entities total, you can use showtoplayer() to improve the performance a bit and increase the max number of walls slightly

MeGaBooM
10th April 2014, 22:14
With portals you can add more brush models in your map. (it will also improve fps)

The limit is:

Never used portals, what can you do with it and how to use it?

pollo
11th April 2014, 13:08
Never used portals, what can you do with it and how to use it?

->Portals<- (http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php?title=Call_of_Duty_2:_Portals)

They divide the map into cells, so you will improve your FPS, as Izno and Mitch said :)

Portalling process (http://www.codjumper.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3576)(I haven't read it, just found it on the inet xD)

serthy
11th April 2014, 15:15
cod2/docs/portals/portals.htm
and there are also plenty of tutorials (youtube & co) on how to portal your map out properly