PDA

View Full Version : GPU + high FPS issue

serthy
29th March 2014, 19:57
Hey there, this morning i replaced my nVidia 9600GT with a MSI R9 270.

When playing with 150+ FPS there starts some noise from the speakers. If i unplug them, its gone, therefore it must be a distortion of the signal, its not comming from the GPU's hardware.
Additionally a thin light waving like smoke before the screen occurs. This is all dependant on the FPS, when look straight up or down, its getting quieter, and becomes louder when im looking in the far plane.

Ive updated so far all drivers (MSI gpu driver, direct x runtimes, mainboard chipset, audio and vga driver).

Its kind of unplayable on 333FPS for more than a few minutes...
The point is, my old nVidia card was able to provide stable and clean 333fps and I excpect from a almost brand new GPU for 150 bucks more than damn playable 150 FPS (8-years-old CoD2!!!!!)

Heres my rig:
- MSI R9 270
- 4GB kingston @ 1333
- i5 3550
- Gigabyte H77-D3H
- BeQuiet E6 500W
- Win7 Professional x64

(I've encountered some more weird things, but seems fixed for now, maybe ill add them if its happaning again)

My next options would be:
- reinstall windows
- send back..

What else could I do?

Mitch
30th March 2014, 09:53
Have you tried using these drivers?

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows%207%20-%2064

serthy
30th March 2014, 13:21
Found a hint:
http://forums.evga.com/tm.aspx?m=1325388
The VGA connection causes this in some way. On the DVI monitor the screenis OK, but those scan lines appear in the VGA one.
However i was able to play CoD2@333fps without any problems at all on my old GPU..

@Mitch thanks but already installed that one too

heat is also no problem, my rig is open and not warm at all..

Also that noisy humming sound stays on the DVI as well even with unplugged VGA monitor

Puhve
30th March 2014, 17:47
I have also samekinda problme with my CoD2.
I just updated my rig including gpu from GTX560 to R9 280x. After that , I have had somekinda weird lagg (mostly vertical) in CoD2. It looks like my fps is 15 when I move my mouse. Changing fps doesn't help at all.
Also, it feels like my mouse's dpi is way over 4000, so aiming is really hard.
And this all happens only in CoD2.

serthy
30th March 2014, 19:27
Just played MW3 SP missions with vSync on and these scanlines + noise is also there.
Even in the normal browser you can hear this abit..

IzNoGoD
30th March 2014, 20:27
noise might be your psu.

sensitivity issues are either cause by
windows 8.1
windows 8.1
touchpad/mouse drivers
mostly windows 8.1