PDA

View Full Version : CoD4 - Weapon modding tut?

Chefchen
7th March 2014, 14:08
So basically, i just found out that i suck.

I tried to create a custom weapon for CoD4.
Well, i can give the weapon, and the model is showing up (well i need to change cg_gun_y to 26 .___. gonna fix it later)
But the anim isnt showing.
Probably because i did not gave the bones the right tags or something...
Could someone Tell me, what i have to do? (or at least link me to an tutorial)
Im using Blender btw, but i also have maya installed....(i hope maya isnt necessary because i have NO idea about maya :D)
I also tried to use google, but the most stuff i found wasnt helpful... Most stuff i found is how to edit weaponfiles using a texteditor instead of assetmanager .__.
I also would like to know, can i hide the viewhands by not selecting it in the weaponfile? and if not, is there a way to do so?

Tally
7th March 2014, 15:04
I would use existing anim files until you are more advanced in modelling. Doing animations is very advanced stuff.

You can usually find existing anims that will work well with a custom model quite easily.

Chefchen
7th March 2014, 15:12
I would use existing anim files until you are more advanced in modelling. Doing animations is very advanced stuff.

You can usually find existing anims that will work well with a custom model quite easily.

Well, that does not solve my problem at all^^
I also need to know how the bones have to be named... :/ j_gun and stuff :o

Mitch
7th March 2014, 16:31
Well, that does not solve my problem at all^^
I also need to know how the bones have to be named... :/ j_gun and stuff :o

There is probably like cod2 a maya example (included in the mod tools) where you can find all the bones.