PDA

View Full Version : Modified .IWD Files

Loveboy
31st January 2014, 16:58
Hello Guys!
Today I updated my new mod on my server, I worked a long time there, I hope there are no bugs.
But I found the first problem: players can't join my server.
Probably the problem is that the guys can't play on my server, because some server creaters do their mod in the folder "main", that is so shit, I don't know why they do this.
If the server is famous, then many players join their and they get .IWD files in the main folder.
Sometimes some guys have the same file on their .IWD files, and one of them has got did his .IWD files in the folder main, and the other guy has got bad luck, because his players can't join on his server, because they get an error with something like "Modified .IWD file", that is bad, many peoples don't know how to delete the files and then to join the server.

I don't know what I can do, nobody can't join in my server, because players have got modified .IWD files on their main folder... they don't know what they have to do to fix this error.

There is maybe a way how I can do that, so that they still can join?

kung foo man
31st January 2014, 18:01
Yea, you need to make sure that your mod and maps doesn't imply files of other .iwd's in main.

E.g. if you add a map, you MUST create all map-related implicated files to be on the safe side:
- mp/mp_foo.arena
- maps/mp/mp_foo.csv -> which implies a loadscreen
- material/loadscreen_mp_foo

And e.g. when you add sound-csv's make sure you put all mp3's in your mod, so CoD2 can't find any implicated files in other ppl's mod but all in your one.

CoD2 is so polite and tells each client which .iwd makes it impure, you can then just look in that one and find the missing files in your mod.

IzNoGoD
31st January 2014, 19:11
Most trouble i've seen is caused by a material file (or .csv file) which points to a (in your mod) non-existing iwi file.

Check that.

Also, .menu files that are precached but not present in your mod, or gametype.txt files that are not present.

Loveboy
31st January 2014, 21:09
Thank you kung, thank you IzNoGoD, it's look like that the guys can join again...
I saw on the console that there are missing models, materials...
I fixed the materials, but there are still sound errors and model errors...
On sound errors, there is like "Missing Sound file beep.wav", probably default, I don't modify.
There are missing 1-2 models, but I don't think they have to be fixed.

IzNoGoD
31st January 2014, 22:01
beep.wav is a stock error, dont worry about it.