-----------------------------------
Segmentation fault

Mitch
9th January 2014, 22:34
hello , i have problem with zom mod ...
if server is cracked , server is online
else if server is orginal i have error

how can i fix ?

What are you running in your cod2 server? What mod? libcod? What build? What does dmesg say? (last segfault only)

malyczolg
9th January 2014, 23:01
cod2 1.0 , linux , zombie mod , no libcod

Tally
9th January 2014, 23:06
See the last post in this thread:

http://forums.mycallofduty.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5766

The guy reported that his config file was bigger than 16293 bytes. Therefore, try editing your config files so that they don't exceed 16293 bytes.

malyczolg
9th January 2014, 23:10
my config have 2536bytes

Tally
10th January 2014, 11:18
my config have 2536bytes

Well, it's a memory error. Something in your mod folder is too big. you will have to hunt for whatever it is. But please don't sit there and do nothing. Your problem is not going to fix it self, and we can't fix it for you.

malyczolg
10th January 2014, 12:50
ok thanks for info :) i go try fix this

YuriJurek
10th January 2014, 13:28
Well guess it's not only related to memory, in my case it was a damaged or wrong binary, it somehow crashed with this error and when I tried the same binary from another source it worked correctly.

Tally
10th January 2014, 13:45
Well guess it's not only related to memory, in my case it was a damaged or wrong binary, it somehow crashed with this error and when I tried the same binary from another source it worked correctly.

"Segmentation fault" is a memory error. It is caused by different things, but ultimately it is a memory error. So, yes: it is ONLY related to memory. If you don't believe me, google it. Your experience only proves that the error has different causes. Not that the error is something other than a memory error.

YuriJurek
10th January 2014, 14:06
Willing to agree with you, I didn't mean "It's surely not a memory error" it was just my unexperienced bet.