PDA

View Full Version : CoD4 installation problem

Puhve
2nd January 2014, 17:21
My problem is that I can't install Call of Duty 4 on the hard-drive where I want. When I'm installing it, it clearly asks which hard-drive I want it to be installed. I typed E:drive but when it starts installing, it installs everything on C:drive -_-
My OS (Windows 8.1) is on C:drive and there's just space left for 35Gb.
But when I tried to install it on C:drive, it says C:drive is full, even there's like 30Gb left.
So if anybody knows how to install CoD4 on another hard-drive, I would be very grateful:)

Tally
2nd January 2014, 17:33
My problem is that I can't install Call of Duty 4 on the hard-drive where I want. When I'm installing it, it clearly asks which hard-drive I want it to be installed. I typed E:drive but when it starts installing, it installs everything on C:drive -_-
My OS (Windows 8.1) is on C:drive and there's just space left for 35Gb.
But when I tried to install it on C:drive, it says C:drive is full, even there's like 30Gb left.
So if anybody knows how to install CoD4 on another hard-drive, I would be very grateful:)

You don't need to actually install COD4. Just create a folder on your E: drive, and then open the COD4 disc. Open the folder that says data, and drag-and-drop the entire contents to the folder.

The only tricky bit you have to do is create a registry file, in order to let other programs (like XFire, or the COD4 mod tools) know where you installed COD4. I can't give you details of that for Windows 8 because I don't know the format, but I can tell you what the format is for Windows 7:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Activision \Call of Duty 4]
"InstallPath"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Activision\\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\\"
"InstallDrive"="D:\\"
"Language"="enu"
"StartMenuFolder"="C:\\ProgramData\\Microsoft\\Windows\\Start Menu\\Programs\\Activision\\Call of Duty(R) 4 - Modern Warfare(TM)"
"Version"="1.7"
"UninstallString"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\InstallShield Installation Information\\{E48469CC-635E-4FD5-A122-1497C286D217}\\uninstall.exe -runfromtemp -l0x0409"
"EXEStringS"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Activision\\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\\iw3sp.exe"
"EXEStringM"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Activision\\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\\iw3mp.exe"
"QA"="15.0"
"Techhelp"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Activision\\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\\Docs\\Help\\readme.htm"
"codkey"="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"
"PatchLog"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Activision\\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\\install.log"
"Version-SP"="1.6"

All you have to do is edit the directory info to match where you installed it. Save the info to a .txt file, and rename the file extension to .reg. Place it on your Windows desktop and double click it. It will write itself to your Windows registry. Then, other programs will be able to find where you installed it.

Puhve
2nd January 2014, 17:46
Thank you so much! I will try that later