PDA

View Full Version : Chat postions

Loveboy
18th December 2013, 16:18
Hello Guys, somebody know where I can find this? cg_hudChatPosition
I want to do an other chat postion.
And an other question: can I change the postions where the iprintln comes (also the guy who killed somebody with the weapon)?

Tally
18th December 2013, 16:34
Hello Guys, somebody know where I can find this? cg_hudChatPosition
I want to do an other chat postion.
And an other question: can I change the postions where the iprintln comes (also the guy who killed somebody with the weapon)?

cg_hudChatPosition is in [mod folder]players/config_mp.cfg

As for the position of iprintln, when you change the chat position, iprintln will move with it.

However, the obituary notice (you killed/were killed by) is controlled by the engine, and without libcod it cannot be changed (it can be changed in COD4, because they kindly put all such things into hud.menu, and you can change where the notices are made on the screen).

Loveboy
18th December 2013, 16:36
Can't I modify it for all players?

Tally
18th December 2013, 16:39
Can't I modify it for all players?

What? Please specify.

Loveboy
18th December 2013, 16:42
I can find only on my folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 2\mods\testserver the folder players. I want that all players have another chat position. So I have to change it in my FTP Server.
Can I change it there?

Tally
18th December 2013, 17:03
I can find only on my folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 2\mods\testserver the folder players. I want that all players have another chat position. So I have to change it in my FTP Server.
Can I change it there?

No, you will have to force the dvar change on all players. Create a function to handle client dvars, and make the changes there.

Loveboy
18th December 2013, 17:12
Hmmm I don't understand this / I don't know how to do it. It should be easy?

vanfreddy
18th December 2013, 17:29
hi
u can add this in ur tdm.gsc in the playerconnect function not tested but should work

self setClientCvar("cg_hudChatPosition", "200 450");

ok i just tested it and it works but u need this command too
its the input position self setClientCvar("cg_hudSayPosition", "200 420");
the other is the output

Loveboy
18th December 2013, 17:49
Thank you vanfreddy, but the blue background if you write, it's on the left, can I change this position too? And can I change the postion of iprintln (also the position where is who killed somebody)?

vanfreddy
18th December 2013, 17:58
i believe u can change iprintln position but im not sure and what u mean with blue backround?the who killed who(obituary) cant be changed without third party but u can block it with //obituary and make ur own

Loveboy
18th December 2013, 18:05
Ah ok, I mean this with the blue background:

vanfreddy
18th December 2013, 18:22
i cant find the blue thing it must be something from ur mod menu or gsc
standart is there the compass