PDA

View Full Version : Modding mistake

Loveboy
7th December 2013, 20:08
Hello Guys!
I am trying to update my mod, but I have a problem: If I am testing the mod, I go to the testserver and then it loads a map. If the loadbar is full, then CoD2_mp.exe don't work anymore and it will be closed.

I don't know why, but it does close 100% cause of my new update (mod), my friend tried to come in the testserver too and he has got the same problem.
But it's 100% cause of my maps

It would be nice if someone know why it happens

Thanks!

Tally
8th December 2013, 02:16
Hello Guys!
I am trying to update my mod, but I have a problem: If I am testing the mod, I go to the testserver and then it loads a map. If the loadbar is full, then CoD2_mp.exe don't work anymore and it will be closed.

I don't know why, but it does close 100% cause of my new update (mod), my friend tried to come in the testserver too and he has got the same problem.
But it's 100% cause of my maps

It would be nice if someone know why it happens

Thanks!

The gamestate is too high. You need to remove some stuff from your mod, or switch to COD2 1.3.

Loveboy
8th December 2013, 08:50
Fuck :/ but thanks

Edit: But I don't think that there are too many stuffs

kung foo man
8th December 2013, 09:05
You can see how big the gamestate is with "set developer 1" and connect to the server. The server prints then the size of the gamestate in console.

So you can check which change to your mod adds most to the size of the gamestate, maybe you can lower it.

Loveboy
8th December 2013, 09:51
I can't find any errors, and it's 100% not the limit, should be it a iwd bugg?

Edit: I tested all iwd's. Everytime one iwd test, all worked. But if all are in the server, then CoD2 will be closed. No file is the same

RobsoN
8th December 2013, 10:48
Anyone know more about gamestate (1.2 limit, 1.3 limit etc.)? It would be useful for me. Thanks.

@Loveboy, you need to delete some precaches to reduce the gamestate.

Loveboy
8th December 2013, 12:10
you mean on _weapons.gsc or other .gsc's too?

serthy
8th December 2013, 12:57
Anyone know more about gamestate (1.2 limit, 1.3 limit etc.)? It would be useful for me
1.0 -> 16k
1.2 -> 16k
1.3 -> 128k

Sense
9th December 2013, 12:33
Too large .gsc files will also cause this.

Also i wouldnt suggest including 1 gsc file into another. ( #include )

Mass including gsc files will cause this gamestate error.
so be cautious.

EDIT: Actually not sure if this concerns the "gamestate error".

Loveboy
9th December 2013, 13:14
I am not sure...
I tested server without iwd's (so server includes only scripts) - worked
I tested server with all iwd's (1 iwd on server, so test all iwd's alone to test which give me the error) - all worked
I tested server with only one iwd (all iwd's in one) - didn't worked
I tested server with all 3 iwd's - didn't worked.

So I go in the testserver, the map loads (no map will give me the error), and at this point the loadbar is full, then there stay: CoD2_mp.exe doesn't work... [CLOSE PROGRAM]

IzNoGoD
9th December 2013, 18:43
You still havent told us the size of your gamestate...

Tally
10th December 2013, 06:30
I am not sure...
I tested server without iwd's (so server includes only scripts) - worked
I tested server with all iwd's (1 iwd on server, so test all iwd's alone to test which give me the error) - all worked
I tested server with all 3 iwd's - didn't worked.

So I go in the testserver, the map loads (no map will give me the error), and at this point the loadbar is full, then there stay: CoD2_mp.exe doesn't work... [CLOSE PROGRAM]

Ok, now we are seeing the problem - too many IWD files. You are probably hitting the iwd checksum error, or are right on the verge of it.

SOLUTION: combine your IWD files into 1.

Loveboy
10th December 2013, 14:11

I already tested and it don't work. I have got 3 iwd's, and all iwd's have got 100mb. It's not the problem of scripts, not of the iwd's but if I remove the iwd's then it works...

Ni3ls
10th December 2013, 14:49
Then its the gamestate. Use developer 1 and start server. Then look logfile

Loveboy
10th December 2013, 14:52
I tested it already with my hoster -> no error showed

PatmanSan
10th December 2013, 15:03
If the iwd files work separately, but fail when combined into one iwd, you should check if the iwd's have duplicate files. I mean same file name but different function.
Combine the iwd's again, and if you get the question to overwrite an existing file, check where and how it is used.

Loveboy
10th December 2013, 15:21
Now I use 1 iwd. In this iwd are all weapon files. I already did all weapons to one, sometimes there were come [overwriting?] I just did everytime yes, but that shouldn't be the problem, or?

IzNoGoD
10th December 2013, 15:35
You still havent told us the size of your gamestate...
10characters

Loveboy
10th December 2013, 15:58
1.0 -> 16k
1.2 -> 16k
1.3 -> 128k

How I can find my gamestate size?

IzNoGoD
10th December 2013, 16:30
You can see how big the gamestate is with "set developer 1" and connect to the server. The server prints then the size of the gamestate in console.

So you can check which change to your mod adds most to the size of the gamestate, maybe you can lower it.
You might wanna read responses people give to your question.

There MIGHT be some useful stuff in some of them.

Loveboy
10th December 2013, 16:38
Ok sorry, I have tried something new: I added again a new IWD file ( there is only weapons ) and it worked!!! (zzz_weapons.iwd)
Then I added a new IWD for menus. There is: ui_mp, images and materials. And again this error... Might be the problem on images with the same file? (zzz_menus.iwd)

I tested it the weapons with images and materials -> worked (zzz_weapons.iwd) + (zzz_menus.iwd)
I tested it the weapons with ui_mp -> worked (zzz_weapons.iwd) + (zzz_ menus.iwd)
I tested it the weapons with images, materials, ui_mp -> didn't worked (zzz_weapons.iwd) + (zzz_menus.iwd) + (zzz_menus.iwd)
I tested zzz_menus.iwd (images, materials, ui_mp) it didn't worked. It's 100% cause of the combination of materials, images (materials and images for the weapon images on the weapon menu) and ui_mp (the menus)
The gamestate is not the problem.

zzz_menu.iwd (images,materials and ui_mp) works on local server (on my PC)

IzNoGoD
10th December 2013, 18:47
Do you test with a dedi server?
If not, try that (really, try that. It is SO much easier to debug using a dedi one than a client+server thingy)

Tally
10th December 2013, 20:19
I tested it already with my hoster -> no error showed

But what is the size of your gamestate? If it is more than 16k then you have a problem, but it wont give you any errors in the log files.

Tally
10th December 2013, 22:27
Ok sorry, I have tried something new: I added again a new IWD file ( there is only weapons ) and it worked!!! (zzz_weapons.iwd)
Then I added a new IWD for menus. There is: ui_mp, images and materials. And again this error... Might be the problem on images with the same file? (zzz_menus.iwd)

I tested it the weapons with images and materials -> worked (zzz_weapons.iwd) + (zzz_menus.iwd)
I tested it the weapons with ui_mp -> worked (zzz_weapons.iwd) + (zzz_ menus.iwd)
I tested it the weapons with images, materials, ui_mp -> didn't worked (zzz_weapons.iwd) + (zzz_menus.iwd) + (zzz_menus.iwd)
I tested zzz_menus.iwd (images, materials, ui_mp) it didn't worked. It's 100% cause of the combination of materials, images (materials and images for the weapon images on the weapon menu) and ui_mp (the menus)
The gamestate is not the problem.

zzz_menu.iwd (images,materials and ui_mp) works on local server (on my PC)

Everything you have said in this post tells me it is for sure a gamestate problem. When you run some of your mod, you don't go over 16k of gamestate; However, when you run everything you go over the 16k of gamestate. You really need to tell us what gamestate you get when you run everything. You can find it in your console log file if you run developer_script set to 1. Just search for the word "gamestate" - it will say "sending X bytes of gamestate to client [yourname]. Then, google the amount of bytes you get and convert it to kilobytes. Post the result here.

NB: if your mod is 15.789 kilobytes of gamestate on a stock map, when you run a custom map, the gamestate will be significantly increased, because custom maps are always more gamestate than stock maps. And that gamestate is added to your mod's gamstate:

Example: when I run my mod on mp_carentan, it returns a gamestate of 15.679k; when I run it on mp_brunville, it returns a gamestate of 19.876k. I run COD2 1.3. If it had been 1.0 or 1.2, the game would have crashed with an exceeded gamestate error when running mp_brunville.

Loveboy
11th December 2013, 14:36
You are right Tally, thanks. But I deleted, deleted, deleted things (scripts) but it still don't work.

My console_mp.log said:

SV_SendClientGameState() for ^1^2^3^7Loveboy

how I can fix it?

Tally
11th December 2013, 14:47
You are right Tally, thanks. But I deleted, deleted, deleted things (scripts) but it still don't work.

My console_mp.log said:

how I can fix it?

What do you mean "fix it"? It is suppose to say that. After that, it sends the client a packet of gamestate. Example:

Tally : dropped gamestate, resending SV_SendClientGameState() for Tally
Going from CS_CONNECTED to CS_PRIMED for Tally
Sending 19349 bytes in gamestate to client: 0

Loveboy
11th December 2013, 15:10
Aha, but that's not too much:

^2^3^7Loveboy : dropped gamestate, resending
Going from CS_CONNECTED to CS_PRIMED for ^1^2^3^7Loveboy
Sending 9471 bytes in gamestate to client: 0

And still Call of Duty 2 close.

And on kilobytes it would be: 9.24902

Loveboy
11th December 2013, 17:42
DOUBLEPOST: There is not 1000000000% too much stuffs, there is atm on my mod (what i want to update) less then my current mod on modern weapons cod2.

serthy
11th December 2013, 18:26
Why then you don't try to kind of debug your whole mod?!
remove unneccessary stuff like sounds, loc-strings at first and add them step for step until the error occurs.
3 pages in here right now, and the only thing you said something usefull was on the last post...
I still wonder why those guys, who are trying to help you, didnt already freaked out..

IzNoGoD
11th December 2013, 20:10
Why then you don't try to kind of debug your whole mod?!
remove unneccessary stuff like sounds, loc-strings at first and add them step for step until the error occurs.
3 pages in here right now, and the only thing you said something usefull was on the last post...
I still wonder why those guys, who are trying to help you, didnt already freaked out..
I did, after page 1
Then I took my pills
Freaked out after page 2 again though.

Loveboy
12th December 2013, 08:07
Ok, I am sorry and thank you all. I will start again with a new tdm.gsc and will do all again new.
I thought it's better to ask here, so that it will be faster fixed, because starting new all again needs more time then asking.

serthy
12th December 2013, 08:23
Ok, I am sorry and thank you all. I will start again with a new tdm.gsc and will do all again new.
I thought it's better to ask here, so that it will be faster fixed, because starting new all again needs more time then asking.

It is not that we aren't willing to help you (as all these posts show)..
But you did not told us usefull stuff so ppl simply were not able to help you.

Just comment out stuff until it is working and redo step by step. This would be at least the things you should have done even before you started this thread.
FME i can say that corrupt localized string files can fck up ALOT. So i would also have a closer look at them
Pls report back ur results.

Good luck mate.

Tally
12th December 2013, 09:26
If it isn't a gamestate problem (and clearly, it looks like it isn't), then it will probably be a bad materials file, or a bad IWI file. I have had this and I can tell you - there is no easy way to find which one is causing the problem. What I did, and it is very time consuming, is to make all my materials and IWI files again from scratch. I put them in one at a time, tested them one at a time, until I was sure every one of them worked. Took me a whole day to do it.

Loveboy
12th December 2013, 10:52
Nice information Tally and sethy. I don't think so the problems are on Images and Materials, because I tested only the weapons and the images. It worked and I didn't get errors. Then I added again all scripts (tdm.gsc and other scripts), then it didn't worked. I will do the mod again step by step and find the problem. I will give you then information what happened (if it worked all fine or where the problem was).

IzNoGoD
12th December 2013, 11:49
Well, i once had a non-existing .iwi file referenced by a material file that DID exists (it was a loadscreen)
Caused all clients to crash at connect.

Try removing all .csv files from maps\mp.

Loveboy
14th December 2013, 14:31
Here is my result:
I just don't do the weapon update, there were problems in iwd files, but idk which file bugs. It could take many time to fix it.
I just let my weapons how like they are currently, but I rechange other things.