PDA

View Full Version : disappearing clonePlayer()

RobsoN
4th December 2013, 15:57
Hello everyone.

I want to clone player, while he is operating some device (something like predator, helicopter from newer versions of cod). Clone is dissapering after few deaths from other player. I think death animation from other players force to delete long ago spawned clonePlayer(). Is it possible to bypass this? I have tought about just 3 static player models (no anim etc.) 1: stand position, 2:crouch position, 3:prone position. If you have idea how to create that model or any tips for me, I'll be grateful.

Regads, RobsoN.

kung foo man
4th December 2013, 20:06
Can you upload a testable .iwd?

RobsoN
4th December 2013, 20:19
.iwd of what?

kung foo man
4th December 2013, 20:27
With the xanim + cloneplayer-script. Just so we can test the bug and then try to find a solution.

Tally
5th December 2013, 09:32
Hello everyone.

I want to clone player, while he is operating some device (something like predator, helicopter from newer versions of cod). Clone is dissapering after few deaths from other player. I think death animation from other players force to delete long ago spawned clonePlayer(). Is it possible to bypass this? I have tought about just 3 static player models (no anim etc.) 1: stand position, 2:crouch position, 3:prone position. If you have idea how to create that model or any tips for me, I'll be grateful.

Regads, RobsoN.

You need set the time the clone stays in the map:

self clonePlayer( 120 );

That will make the clone stay for 120 seconds.

I've worked quite extensively with this function, because I devised a perk called "decoy", where I made the player invisible, cloned him, and the player could then lie in wait until an enemy came along and started shooting the clone. Then, the player could take his time and shoot the enemy. I gave up the idea because when you clone someone, the clone will take on the very last animation that the player was making right before he was cloned - so if he was running, the clone runs in place, like he had 999 pinged out. It didn't look right, so I scrapped the idea. Feel free to take up the idea if you want.

RobsoN
5th December 2013, 15:25
I don't have model or xanim. I just have set
self.marker["clone"] = self clonePlayer(100000);, and after some time it deletes.

Tally
5th December 2013, 15:40
I don't have model or xanim. I just have set
self.marker["clone"] = self clonePlayer(100000);, and after some time it deletes.

100000 is pointless, as the time is capped at 200. How long are you wanting the clone to stay?

As for the clone disappearing after other players die a few times, this is because the engine wont allow too many clones at the same time. You could play around with the corpse count dvar in your config file. That might give you longer, but as soon as the corpse count is up, the engine will auto delete any remaining clones as too much of a burden on the engine.

RobsoN
5th December 2013, 16:48
Max 70 seconds, so I'll change. What about models? Does anyone have 3 models of 3 stances in .obj or xmodel (I'm newbie at modelling and 3d-graphics).

IzNoGoD
5th December 2013, 19:10
At least for normal xmodels, if you put the .origin inside a brush, it disappears.

Try to keep that from happening.

RobsoN
5th December 2013, 22:15
I'm sorry but I can't understand you, IzNoGoD.

I request for the model (after thoughts may even be in one position, preferably crouch) or a link to such model. I searched the internet and found only models with outstretched hands.

Ni3ls
7th December 2013, 10:37
What are u going to make? Maybe we can help you with giving additional ideas

RobsoN
8th December 2013, 11:45
Well, its something like holding computer while player is using something (eg. predator in mw2).