PDA

View Full Version : How to add collmap in model

RobsoN
21st November 2013, 18:36
Hello, I've got xmodel (aslo xmodelsurfs etc.) of player model. One thing is it hasn't got collmap (bullets fly through the model). Is it possible to:
1.Decompile xmodel to -> .XMODEL_EXPORT
2.Add collmap.

Regards RobsoN.

vanfreddy
21st November 2013, 18:59
hi
its very easy in the asset manager if u make new xmodel there is a option called collisionLOD set it to high and then bullets collide with ur model

RobsoN
21st November 2013, 19:16
Thanks for useful reply. But how can I get .XMODEL_EXPORT from cod2 xmodel file?

Ni3ls
21st November 2013, 19:34
Use xmodel converter for Diego Logic

RobsoN
24th November 2013, 20:12
I don't know why but this program exports wrongly my model. Anyone got another program?

This is reason...:

CoD1 and CoD2 character models are horribly twisted.
All version's character skeletons are horribly twisted.

in "known bugs" of the program info..

kung foo man
25th November 2013, 05:08
The worst bug is the closed-source-plague. It could have been fixed for years.

This one is also closed-source, but might work for you: http://tom-crowley.co.uk/xanim-exporter-supports-direct-cod2-converting/

Ni3ls
25th November 2013, 11:40
What kind of model are u trying to convert? Only SP models are twisted when using as MP.
Follow this, I think u start with an xmodel without collmap?
1. Convert to .obj or .ma/.mb
2. Convert in Maya to xmodel_export
3. Use in Asset managers the right settings

RobsoN
25th November 2013, 14:19
@Kung
Isn't that xAnim exporter?

@Ni3ls
I don't want to export any COD models. I just got custom MP model with all animatons (work well), but it hasn't got collision map. Thats why I want to get xmodel_export file.

Tally
25th November 2013, 14:42
@Kung
Isn't that xAnim exporter?

@Ni3ls
I don't want to export any COD models. I just got custom MP model with all animatons (work well), but it hasn't got collision map. Thats why I want to get xmodel_export file.

How are you compiling the character model? I was under the impression that when you select "character" in Asset Manager, that compiles the hitboxes and colmaps automatically.

RobsoN
25th November 2013, 15:14
I didn't make this model. I got it just from some random guy. As I said before I have only xmodel (xmodelsurfs, xmodelparts, xanim aslo) file.

Tally
25th November 2013, 15:33
I didn't make this model. I got it just from some random guy. As I said before I have only xmodel (xmodelsurfs, xmodelparts, xanim aslo) file.

Then you are pretty much stuck with having to find a way to re-export it into an xmodel export file, and do it over.

Ni3ls
25th November 2013, 16:02
use the setcontents(1) and link it to the player.
What model is it?

Tally
25th November 2013, 16:46
use the setcontents(1) and link it to the player.
What model is it?

LOL You can't do that. Not with a character model.

Ni3ls
25th November 2013, 17:25
U can spawn a tag_origin and make it solid. Then link it to a player